Muybridge's cat on 130*130 SSD1283A TFT display

I have Muybridge’s cat frozen-motion (photograph dates from 1878) running and jumping on the ESP8266 Wemos D1 as a 20-frame stop-motion animation. Frames are 80x32 pixels and they are shown on a 130*130 TFT driven by a SSD1283A controller.

The construction and wiring of the combination Wemos - 130*130 TFT is published at my thesolaruniverse.wordpress.com Arduino pages

I am using the <LCDWIKI_GUI.h> and <LCDWIKI_SPI.h> libraries together with an ingenious push color ‘engine’ contributed by David Prentice. (subroutines showbgd(…) and drawBitmap ()

I have two questions:

1. Is there a DrawBitmap instruction available in the <SSD1283A.h> library, so I can try to get the push color 'engine working under <SSD1283A.h>

2. The loop section of my sketch is a currently a 20-fold repetition:

drawBitmap(5, 5, cat_00, 80, 32, WHITE, BLACK);
drawBitmap(5, 5, cat_01, 80, 32, WHITE, BLACK);
… and so forth …
drawBitmap(5, 5, cat_19, 80, 32, WHITE, BLACK);
drawBitmap(5, 5, cat_20, 80, 32, WHITE, BLACK);

The only thing that sums up is the frame number.
That summation seems to me a little bit silly. Any hint to program this section more professional is welcome!

The code of Muybridge’s cat (.ino - zipped) can be downloaded here (too many characters to insert as code in this post)

1. Is there a DrawBitmap instruction available in the <SSD1283A.h> library, so I can try to get the push color 'engine working under <SSD1283A.h>

SSD1283A inherits from Adafruit_GFX, has its drawBitmap() methods. drawBitmap() methods will be slow, using drawPixel() method.

SSD1283A_SPITFT inherits from Adafruit_SPITFT, has its faster drawBitmap() methods.

ZxTFT inherits from Adafruit_SPITFT, supports SSD1283A.

GFX_TFT inherits from GFX_Extensions, a Adafruit_SPITFT clone, supports SSD1283A.

Adafruit_SPITFT and its clone use window addressing and pushColors technique.

Thank you for Muybridge’s cat, I will try this with my libraries later.

Jean-Marc

Thanks, Jean-Marc, for the suggestions.
I am working in an animated dinosaur. Would it be appropriate to name project "ADA" (Animated Dino for Arduino), since it leans heavily on Limor Fried's Adafruit_GFX performance?

Photoncatcher