This is my first post in a forum ever. I have a great deal of respect for this community so I will try to not let you down. I’ve tried Google-ing this problem to no avail. I’ve read the steps for decorum on the forum. I’ve tried to work the problem out myself, but I haven’t even found anyone else who’s had this problem.
Several years ago, I got a Nintendo emulator with several games from my childhood. Playing with the keyboard was a pain. So I rigged up 8 momentary buttons to my Micro and programmed them as a keyboard using the keyboard library (up,down,left,right, select=[tab], start=[enter], b=, a=[z] (or something like that). For several years now it has been my trusty little NES controller for my computer.
As of tonight, it is no longer functioning properly. The game was going haywire. So I opened a ‘Notepad’ and started up the controller. I get lines and lines of Xs, Zs, tabs, and returns (not to mention any direction hits that I can’t even see).
This is actually the 2nd Arduino Micro of mine to do this in the past few days.
Steps I took to troubleshoot:
- Unplugged and plugged back in. Problem continued.
- Checked all the connections for shorts. Negative
- Disconnected all buttons from the Arduino and just plugged it in. Problem continued.
- I tried blowing in the cartridge, but I hear that’s just a myth now.
- Ensured nothing had changed from earlier and all terminals were clean. Negative
- Tried a different USB port, and cable. Problem continued.
- Tried to reload empty code on IDE, but every time I plugged it in to load, it would type some letters and the code would not compile or load without error.
I also tried to bribe the little guy, but I didn’t actually think that would help.
I’m out of ideas.