my arduino uno r3

my Arduino isn't taking any type of codes. It used to upload for blinking and now it won't even do that. Every time I try to upload something it tells me error could not upload. Or something with -c. Or not developed. We are trying to understand what's going wrong. Even the pre-downloaded programs that came with the Arduino doesn't work. I think the Arduino is fried. We have un-installed the program and downloaded the new version 1.6.2. And still nothing. What do we do.

Ahh the dreaded 'something with -c' error. Maybe someone will be along shortly with experience with something or other.

Make sure you have the correct board and port chosen, make sure you have nothing plugged into pin 0 and/or 1, make sure your Arduino isn't sitting in a puddle of lotion.

tylarbeardsley: my Arduino isn't taking any type of codes. It used to upload for blinking and now it won't even do that. Every time I try to upload something it tells me error could not upload. Or something with -c. Or not developed. We are trying to understand what's going wrong. Even the pre-downloaded programs that came with the Arduino doesn't work. I think the Arduino is fried. We have un-installed the program and downloaded the new version 1.6.2. And still nothing. What do we do.

Aftr carefully looking at the copied/pasted error message that you posted for us................................

(If you do decide to show it to us, please place it in [code]code tags[/code], don't just post it inline.)

And to add to the confusion, the "new version 1.6.2". The latest is currently 1.6.11 (not sure of it's status). It's often advised to use 1.6.5R5 or 1.6.101.6.9 (depends amongst others on the OS).

Which OS are you using (including version)?

And fyi; my arduino.org Unos (I don't have arduino.cc ones) recently stopped communicating with one of my PCs; this was either due to a Windows8 update or due to the fact that I installed the software package for my Huawei P9 lite. They however still work on my Windows 7 system.

sterretje: And to add to the confusion, the "new version 1.6.2". The latest is currently 1.6.11 (not sure of it's status). It's often advised to use 1.6.5R5 or 1.6.10 (depends amongst others on the OS).

Do you mean IDE V1.6.5 and V1.6.9? (They're the two recent stable releases. 1.6.10 wasn't so good. :( ) I overlooked the bit about IDE V1.6.2. The current 'nightly' version is V1.6.12, he might mean that.

And fyi; my arduino.org Unos (I don't have arduino.cc ones) recently stopped communicating with one of my PCs; this was either due to a Windows8 update or due to the fact that I installed the software package for my Huawei P9 lite. They however still work on my Windows 7 system.

I read about a similar problem a few days ago. No one replied to the OP though, and his only fix was to uninstall the Huawei software. (It was 'Huawei Hisuite'.) This is the thread:- Huawei Hisuite & ports greyed out

OldSteve: Do you mean IDE V1.6.5 and V1.6.9? (They're the two recent stable releases. 1.6.10 wasn't so good. :( ) I overlooked the bit about IDE V1.6.2. The current 'nightly' version is V1.6.12, he might mean that.

I read about a similar problem a few days ago. No one replied to the OP though, and his only fix was to uninstall the Huawei software. (It was 'Huawei Hisuite'.) This is the thread:- Huawei Hisuite & ports greyed out

You're right, should have been 1.6.9 (will update now).

And thanks for the link about the Huawei.