my arduino uno + servo moto 9g no move

Hi please i need make this work … i use Arduino UNO I want the Micro Servo 9g (FS90MG) to start moving to move back and front , just normal code i used but nothing happening i change 2 micro servo but the same nothing . I will put here code and pictures

#include <Servo.h>
Servo servo;
void setup() {
servo.attach(8);
servo.write(0);
delay(2000);
// put your setup code here, to run once:
}
void loop() {
servo.write(90);
delay(1000);
servo.write(0);
delay(1000);
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
}

my Arduino UNO
images and very short video is attached

i try but can`t attach short video , on the video its show everything is connect but micro servo no working

Look at your first post. Does your code really look like that ?

Please Read this before posting a programming question and follow the instructions for posting code properly

Your sketch uses Pin 8 for the servo but your diagram and picture show the servo is connected to Pin 9. Fix that.

Depending on the power source, an Arduino cannot supply enough current on the 5V pin to run a servo.

hi i change from 8 to 9 pin but The same problem

make external power supply ? or what

damianWDZ:
make external power supply ? or what?

That would be an obvious tryout :slight_smile:

but i know Arduino UNO no need extra power for micro servo

damianWDZ:
but i know Arduino UNO no need extra power for micro servo

It depends on the power source.

Try it with external supply like 4 x AA batteries. If that doesn't work then either the wiring is wrong or the servo is dead.

Relying on power from the 5V pin is always a bad idea whatever you think you know.

Steve

i will try , hope will work and servo is not dead because I have already changed 3 servos

Hi thats again me i add power supply 12 V and nothing then 20 V or 24 V nothing . Do anyone in this forum can help me ? I buy arduino from this site and cant move simple micro motor ? whats going one ?

don`t give me answers from internet because i try all and nothing works .

This IS the Internet, one of the good bits of it.

I guess you didn't bother testing with the 4 x AA batteries that I recommended. You had some strange idea that higher voltage will be better than the correct voltage.

You don't say exactly where you connected your dangerously high voltages but it is very possible that you have killed both the Arduino and your servo.

Steve

Arduino UNO working fine im working with speech recognition and there is not a problem i got only problem with micro motor. I ordered plug for AA battery , still im waiting for it, maybe Tuesday i will get it.

I real hate this micro motors. I did not put the picture because now i`m working with different Arduino and different project .

maybe u can recommend me how you set up micro server with the wire and Arduino , i will try do the same and i can make video u can see everything . I can send you by email or what ever you want :slight_smile:

"Hi thats again me i add power supply 12 V and nothing then 20 V or 24 V nothing . Do anyone in this forum can help me ? I buy arduino from this site and cant move simple micro motor ? whats going one ?"

What did you connect the 12v, 20v, and 24v to? Most servos use 4.8v-6v for power. Below is how to wire a servo, and a simple power regulator foe servo power made from a 7805 regulator chip and a diode to provide 5.7v.

servo-wire.jpg

7805.jpg

servo-wire.jpg

7805.jpg

12v , 20v , 24 v supply power first i connect to the Arduino Uno nothing happened later i was thinking maybe i connect wrong, then i connect to the board with servo moto

red wire + power

brown - ground

and orange - signal

Do u want i connect everything again and make pictures? You gone see if i`m doing something wrong

The servo takes 4.8V to 6V. I don’t know if the servo will survive if you put 12V or more on the servo power wires.

The Arduino UNO recommends 5V on the USB connector or 6V-12V on the Vin pin or power jack.

I recommend a 5V USB charger to provide power to the Arduino UNO USB jack and a separate 4.8V-6V supply capable of 1 Amp (1000 mA) for the servo. The negative side of the servo supply has to go both to the servo black wire AND an Arduino UNO ground pin.

i did again with 9v supple power i send images please check that :slight_smile:
this pictures what i did don`t have good quality because i convert the image from MB to KB

5V USB charger i try that yesterday , i take plug from my charger phone and connect with cable from arduino

johnwasser:
The servo takes 4.8V to 6V. I don’t know if the servo will survive if you put 12V or more on the servo power wires.

The Arduino UNO recommends 5V on the USB connector or 6V-12V on the Vin pin or power jack.

I recommend a 5V USB charger to provide power to the Arduino UNO USB jack and a separate 4.8V-6V supply capable of 1 Amp (1000 mA) for the servo. The negative side of the servo supply has to go both to the servo black wire AND an Arduino UNO ground pin.

i was using this chargers plug check image please , and i connect to the Arduino directly