My attempt at LCD sheilds.

The 16x2 was not bad. The glcd was hard to troubleshoot after I put it together. I left a solder point not complete. They work now so I can move on to other more pressing projects but I wanted to post some pics and get some reactions.

Thanks for looking! :)

Good job! Now how did you make the pins fit on the side or arduino that has a weird spacing?

Also, what library are you using for your GLCD? Is it 128*64? Thanks.

Good job! Now how did you make the pins fit on the side or arduino that has a weird spacing?

My thoughts exactly :|. I have found that you can angle them weirdly in Perfboard to get them to fit. I wonder if that's what the OP did.

For the 16x2 I did not even install the header. It was easier to move the pins. I plan to use an ethernet sheild with it so I had to free up 11, and 12 anyway. I just moved them to pins 6 and 7 for the time being.

For the GLCD (128x64) I used a combination of grumpy mikes trick of drilling new holes between the existing pin holes and where I was not as accurate as I should have been there is a slot in the board a couple of pins wide.

dirty but it worked with what I had at the time.

Also, what library are you using for your GLCD? Is it 128*64? Thanks.

I have been playing with the new beta llibrary released a couple of weeks ago. The big demo is playing on it right now for fun and testing.

I am wondering why you chose to put female headers on the LCD, stopping yourself from sticking it into a breadboard or similar in the future. I would have thought that it would make more sense the other way round.

Looks handy though.

Mowcius

The GLCD came with the header on it, the other one I just copied what was already there.

Now that you mention it that would make more sense. When my new soldering iron gets here I may change it around.