my bank's motto, "Why would anyone bank anywhere else?"

this is so very frustrating. here it is, a Friday, and the bank didn't process my deposit, at all! my car insurance was due, and i had full intentions to pay it, but it was declined. so now, because my bank screwed up, i will both lose my car insurance for failure to pay by the due date, and i will have an additional charge for insufficient funds! I wouldn't be nearly as pissed, except this is the 7th time they have done this! now i have zero funds for things i needed to pay! and even if i speak to them when they are open tomorrow, no changes will clear until Monday!

I am thinking it may be time to change banks. even though i don't have the money for new checks, and what not. what a PITA. >:(

~Travis (sorry, just had to vent)

i don't have the money for new checks,

People still use those? I thought they went out along with telephones that were attached to the wall by a cord.

you can generally pay by a “check” over the phone if you provide a routing number and account number. I agree, it’s a PITA.

Like most beginners, you did not identify how the deposit was made and where.

Paul

Are you saying Travis is a beginner?

TKall: Are you saying Travis is a beginner?

Forgot to append /sarc.

Friday night at 8 and I am already confused. What is /sarc?

oh....I get it Sarcasm...

TKall: Friday night at 8 and I am already confused. What is /sarc?

Did you use a night deposit box or did you use an ATM? Did you see the notice relating to when deposits are actually posted? Usually any of those deposits will not be posted until the next processing date which would be Monday evening or early Tuesday morning. Any checks drawn on your account should have been processed after posting your deposit.

That information is what you failed to disclose.

Paul

What are you doing tonight Paul?

TKall: What are you doing tonight Paul?

Not sure. May go to the radio room and work some more FT8 contacts. Or may write an email to my oldest son, or probably just turn the TV on. Why?

Paul

Hi, travis, how was your deposit placed in your account, over the counter or electronically?

The use of cheques here is just about gone, you can still use them, but card and efpost and direct debit and Bpay make it easier and cheaper to do it all electronically.

I had to go to my bank a couple of months ago, I have not been there for over 18months. I was very disappointed in its physical layout, it had no main security louvered stalls, just randomly placed benches with terminals on them, it reminded me of a department store beauty/makup department.

You just sat and waited for someone to come out and serve you. (The place was deserted!!) Not very impressed, and when someone came out and I told them what I wanted to do, I had to make an appointment. (Admittedly it was a major banking process) Because of my work load that meant 7days later. Yet in each see-thru office there were no customers.

If it was 5years ago, they were falling over to help, even a cup of coffee.

When I did get my appointment, I had to wait 20mins, all see-thru offices no customers, oops sorry "clients". I mentioned the appointments inconvenience. It seems that an appointment was necessary to make sure I bought the correct documentation, I should have been given a list of papers to bring, no such list given.

But I had second guessed them, all papers in a folder in my little sweaty hand. ([u]Which I had at first visit[/u] :o)

I got everything done, 10 working days later got a phone call to ring my "client manager". I used her card and phone number, told all processing of account changes, will be done that night at 2:00am. New morning logged on and yes all done. I find the internet banking is quicker and more friendly. :o

Seems some people to people skills need to be learnt. But I did get a coffee, had to get some of my fees back. :grin:

Banks motto, (at the moment?) "Cuts The Cost of Banking"

Not when you look at my bank accounts... considering I now do all the work.

Tom.... :)

TKall: Friday night at 8 and I am already confused. What is /sarc?

mispelled /snark?

travis_farmer: exactly what i suspected happened. it is fixed now, though it won't clear until Monday. oh well, i guess. at least they fixed it.

~Travis

May I suggest a Credit Union? There you would be one of the owners and would have a say in how it is operated.

Paul

Just to add, a courthouse near me (city, pop about 10,000) will not take credit or debit card. All payment for tickets have to be in cash or check. And they will not take any coins over $5.00 I guess because they had too many irate people who tried to pay for parking tickets in nothing but pennies.

wilykat: Just to add, a courthouse near me (city, pop about 10,000) will not take credit or debit card. All payment for tickets have to be in cash or check. And they will not take any coins over $5.00 I guess because they had too many irate people who tried to pay for parking tickets in nothing but pennies.

And I bet they call the cops if you tried to pay in $2 bills!

Paul

7th time they have done this!

At no fault on your part?

Past actions will continue in the future.

I hate the fact that if you do overdraft, there isn't any notice until you finally check your bank statement and see 5 overdraft fees totalling over 150 dollars for 27.36 worth of stuff.

That happened to me once, never again.

Ouch. I have free online banking so I can check anytime and if there's negative balance, I usually have until the close of business day to change that to avoid overdraft fee.

Paid overdraft only once in all the time I've had this bank, a very small chain with 3 branches and 2 villages.

wilykat: Ouch. I have free online banking so I can check anytime and if there's negative balance, I usually have until the close of business day to change that to avoid overdraft fee.

Paid overdraft only once in all the time I've had this bank, a very small chain with 3 branches and 2 villages.

Same here, the banks used to get criticised for adding and subtracting figures as they go, so if a payment went in 5minutes late and you went into negayive, they would fine you instantly, so you went further into debt. Now they HAVE TO wait and do a tally at the end of the day. Bpay and direct debit made them do it. Tom... :)