My DIY PCB Shield

Hi guys;

I just finish my DIY LCD Display shield. I made the PCB, drill it, solder the parts and place the LCD module and work fine. At first, I was I thaugh it did not work because I did not see any characters, so I set the display potentiometer to see the characters and there it is. The characters being display, and I test the back light and work also. ( I use jumpers to select the polarity ). I use shield headers ( female and long pin ) and a female header to connect the module.

To bad I can not show my shield I did made.

Here my test code :

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(12,11,10,9,8,7);
 // those digital pins are hardwires with the module header. PCB trace to those digital pins 

void setup()
{
  lcd.begin(16, 2);
  lcd.clear();
// Test line one and test line two
  lcd.print("Testing : Serge1");
  lcd.setCursor(0,1);
  lcd.print("Testing : Serge2");
}

void loop()
{

}

More DIY shields are comming…

I just finish another shield. It is a 4 digit 7 segment commun cathode using 330 ohms for limiting resistor at each segment, 4 2N3904 with 4.7 K base resistor for each transistor, config to turn on/off the cathode of the display. And my shield have the standard reset button and led for pin 13. The header pins are a bit tight but I have to be carefull to place into my Ardiuno board. Pass my first test and fitting test ← a bit tight. Now I am ready to code for a 4 digit 7 segment display and I can display from 0 to F depending of the program. All digital pins are occupy except pin 13, pin 1 and pin 0. The only pins I have are the analogs pins.

PS: To bad I can not show pictures. Yet …

I modify the two ealier post and I add a smaller size picture of shield I did made.

Here an another shield I did. It contain 8 led’s with a 330 limiting resistor network, 3 on/off switch and one is not connected ← all connected to digital pins, and 2 potentiometer of 50 K connect to the analog pins. And I add a reset push-button and a led for pin 13.

Here is the picture.