My LED strip doesn't want to light up

Hi, so I have been trying to use a Arduino Nano on my LED Strip Led traka RGB, 5V adresabilna, 30x5050 Epistar LED, 1 metar, samo 44,10 kn but when I plug everything in it and upload the code nothing lights up. I’m a beginner and I’ve been following this YouTube video Use Addressable LED Strip with Arduino || Essential Engineering - YouTube.
This is the code I have for now

#include <FastLED.h>
#define LED_PIN 2
#define NUM_LEDS 4

CRGB leds[NUM_LEDS];
void setup() {
  FastLED.addLeds <WS2812, LED_PIN, RGB>(leds, NUM_LEDS);
  FastLED.setMaxPowerInVoltsAndMilliamps(5, 500);
  FastLED.clear();
  FastLED.show();

}

void loop() {
  // RED GREEN BLUE
  leds[0] = CRGB(255, 0, 0);
  leds[1] = CRGB(0, 255, 0);
  leds[2] = CRGB(0, 0, 255);
  FastLED.show();

}

If anyone could help me out that would mean a lot.

Your topic has been moved here as this forum section is more appropriate than where it was originally posted.

The easier you make it to read and copy the code the more likely it is that you will get help

Please follow the advice given in the link below when posting code

That all looks plausible, if you’ve correctly hooked the three wires going off you picture to the LED strip which is somewhere off the picture.

Is that a 330 ohm resistor in series with the data line in pin 2? I can’t tell for sure; that’s what your friend in the video used and shoukd be fine.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t have exactly 4 LEDs.

So a mystery just now, check your wiring. Are you powering this through the USB which is unconnected in the picture?

Power shouldn’t be an issue yet. With more LEDs you will want to supply 5 volts directly to the 5 volt pin upon the strip.

You could replace the 255 with, say, 50 in all three places to save your eyes, these things be bright. It would also draw less power. Which shouldn’t be the problem, so.

I’ve never known about this nor used it, it’s tots OK in this circumstance to comment that line out on the slim chance it has anything to do with anything.

HTH

a7

no everything is connected to the breadboard

except for these 2 wires

yes I am using all the same parts that are shown in the video