My Programming Aren't Working!

Hey guys! I have a question about a message I found out about. When I clicked on Serial Monitor a message popped up saying, "Board at COM1 is not available." I'm using an Arduino Uno connected to a Toshiba Window 7 computer that has just updated to Window 10. Please help me, I really want my programming to work! Thanks!

AProgrammerHacker

Ps: I don't really understand really-hard-to-understand direction so please tell me in normal English, please. :D

When your program fails to upload, you are pointed to https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting Way, way down on the list is whining on the forum, in the wrong section.

By the time you do resort to the forum, you should have a ton of answers ready, and NOT need to be asked the obvious questions.

allrighty... try right click on Arduino icon Properties>compatibility tab> select run as "windows 7". This is of course assuming you already have the USB driver installed and your arduino is plugged into a non 3.0 port AND that your cable is a data cable and not just a charging cable.

(deleted)