My project ,to sell

Hi everyone.i was in the idea of making a project called leanangle meter.It is a device which shows the angle of your motorbike or bicycle when it is tilted.this is helpful for bike racers.but i want to know whether it will sell properly or not sell properly if the rate is 20$.i am confused whether to continue the project or not .please can someone help me .i am studying sixth standard.please can anyone help me????

THANK YOU,
AAMIR

but i want to know whether it will sell properly or not sell properly if the rate is 20$.

You ought to ne asking this at bicycle and motorcycle shops in your country, not here.

Aamir1234:
Hi everyone.i was in the idea of making a project called leanangle meter.It is a device which shows the angle of your motorbike or bicycle when it is tilted.this is helpful for bike racers.but i want to know whether it will sell properly or not sell properly if the rate is 20$.i am confused whether to continue the project or not .please can someone help me .i am studying sixth standard.please can anyone help me?

Note that a space is customary after a full stop, as is starting the next sentence with a capital letter. The impression you give is vital if you are looking for people to invest money in this project.

If you want to test out the market then do a Kick started campaign, but get you mom to check your English.

but i want to know whether it will sell properly or not sell properly if the rate is 20$.

My marketing professor used to say, "When doubt, raise the price."

Can you buy something similar now? If so, what does the competition cost? If there's no competition, price it high. If a customer wants it they will pay more (assuming they can afford it). If the customer doesn't want it, they won't buy it for $1.

Also, if you need to change the price later, the market is more accepting of a price reduction than a price increase.

The price or "value" is NOT necessarily related to production cost, except that you have price it high enough to cover your production costs (and marketing, distribution, packaging, and other overhead costs). ...If you find a diamond on the ground, it's just as valuable as a diamond found deep in a mine after digging for many years with expensive machinery.

i am studying sixth standard.

That means what we would call "sixth grade?" You're about 10 or 11 years old?

@Aamir,

do you have a working prototype?
Measuring the lean angle is not trivial I think.

robtillaart:
@Aamir,

do you have a working prototype?
Measuring the lean angle is not trivial I think.

Right. An accelerometer (i.e. tilt sensor) will not work. Not until the rider is dead :wink:

I can't see a biker, traveling at maximum speed around a curve, taking his eyes off the road ahead to check a meter. If he has ridden for a while, he can feel the tilt as well as the traction of the tires, upgrade, road tilt left, road tilt right, downgrade. All need to be calculated.

taking his eyes off the road ahead to check a meter

Could be a vocal/sound indicator.

What angle will it measure?
The angle of tilt from the vertical or the angle of tilt from the camber of the road?
On a perfectly flat road these will be the same, but on a cambered road, the 'safe' angle will alter due to the camber. Where there is a reverse camber, the 'safe' angle will be greatly reduced.

Sounds like a pretty good idea i would suggest talking to family about it but yea u have to make the decision whether or not to go ahead with the project because its gonna be your time and money being used if your making a prototype i thought about it a second maybe u can use like a measuring level housing and adding a ball bearing to it and on both sides inside the tube maybe have metal plates that can tell if they are being pushed on so when it leans the ball rolls to one side or the other maybe something like that or warmed gallium metal i would Not suggest mercury tho lol and sorry if my reply is hard to read my grammar attempt is none hehehe

@SB_Technology, be nice. He may not know that you are pulling his leg. You were weren't you ?

I lived in Southern California for 25 years and while I was there I put 90,000 miles on a Yamaha FJ100 , and probably 40,000 miles on a Suzuki 550. I did canyon racing every weekend and I would never take my eye off the road to look at my instruments. When your hanging you knee in close to the road, it would be stupid to take your eyes off the road to look at the meter. It might be usefull to review a recorded session but to look at it in real time is just dangerous. When the cops pulled me over they often asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I always told them I never take my eyes off the road when I'm canyon racing.

Nope just sounded like a plausible idea

Yeah,sorry for the bad English. The meter will record the highest angle achieved.It is a recorded session.

A tilt meter will show no tilt on a motorcycle that is leaning into a curve. That is why you lean, so you won't fall over. Physics. I guess my previous comment was too subtle.

Centrifugal force, speed, tilt, traction, and terrain ahead.
I don't think an arduino can calculate these as fast as the biker can.

A lean angle for an alarm when parked might not be a bad idea but I think anything that takes your eyes off the road is a bad thing.

The lean angle is not as important as gravity. Going into a curve, the proper lean would have the gravity still in near perfect alignment with the frame I would think. Maybe an audible with a high pitch for too much and a low pitch for not enough?? Maybe the speed of chirps to the severity of the error??

All in all, I think that anyone willing to chance the use of such a device must be aware that varying road and weather conditions will effect the traction of the tires to the road surface as well as the wear on the tires and the softness of the rubber on the tires.

Road rash or going through a fence is no fun and going off a cliff can get you six feet under.

On the other hand, it might be handy for someone that has an equilibrium problem.

Good luck with your project.

Road rash or going through a fence is no fun and going off a cliff can get you six feet under.

Road rash is function of your protective gear. It helps to be prepared. (see attached)

Nasa:
Going into a curve, the proper lean would have the gravity still in near perfect alignment with the frame I would think

Thank you! At least someone gets it.

If you look at the photo I posted it's obvious the centrifugal force and is adding to gravity (which is perpendicular to the ground) and the resulting angle is the alignment of the frame (and the tires), with the downward force . the angle is the result of the speed. If I went faster in that turn the angle would be sharper but it was a residential street so I tried to be conservative.