My project with Arduino.

Hello,

I like to create an installation project with an arduino card and modules, the aim being to make a perfect jump an RC car with 4x4. For this I need the position of the car in the air I visualiserai on my computer after each jump, the data will be transferred via WIFI or Xbee module. So I need you for you to tell me what I should buy at the card I think buying a arduino UNO or ATmega, but my problem appears to purchase transmission modules and data acquisition for transmitting what do you think of Xbee modules and module WIFI RedFly? the acquisition and for I do not know if you'll need a gyroscope or an accelerometer or 2.

Thank you.

Welcome! Maybe you need a camera and a screen reader. Use the camera to photograph the entire jump and determine its speed etc.

liudr: Welcome! Maybe you need a camera and a screen reader. Use the camera to photograph the entire jump and determine its speed etc.

We have thought but we said it was not worth knowing that this is a school project where we have to make, create etc.. Using the Arduino is much more interesting from the point of view of language that must create software that must be used to install and modules for an installation that works well without extraordinary performance.

Thankyou for your help.

mourad-2a: We have thought but we said it was not worth knowing that this is a school project where we have to make, create etc.. Using the Arduino is much more interesting from the point of view of language that must create software that must be used to install and modules for an installation that works well without extraordinary performance.

Your English is suffering here. What you have to do is to work out exactly how you are going to read in the position of your car during its flight. The rest is trivial. Don't worry about being too precise, that is not an issue you are going to come across, just worry how you are going to measure an object in free space. This is a lot harder than I think you realise.

Sorry for my English it is because I’m french and I sometimes use the translator. I would like to read the position of the car in the air on a computer with a WIFI connection or other, but if this is not possible, because I understand that I will need a measuring frequency high enough once the car air, I think using a memory installed in the car that I can get by connecting it to the computer. Accuracy is not very interesting even if it should not be very low. I have studied the measurement frequency maximum I can have with different Arduino and the corresponding modules.

If you look at the state of Augmented Reality you will find that there are marker-based solutions which enable you to calculate the position and orientation of a known object in three dimensions, from a video stream. If you can get this to work it will be a purely software solution (so potentially much simpler to develop and debug) and more reliable once working. (Have you ever tried putting prototype electronic hardware inside something which is being bashed and tumbled about?)

I would like to read the position of the car in the air on a computer with a WIFI connection or other

No, you want to DISPLAY the position of the car. You can't read the position of the car on the computer, because the computer can't read sensors.

You need to figure how you are going to determine the position of the car. Then, you can send that data to the PC for display.

I have studied the measurement frequency maximum I can have with different Arduino and the corresponding modules.

I think the translator is on the blink again.
Measuring the position of the car from the car is an even harder prospect than trying to measure the car’s position from external video. What sensors are you thinking would do this? An accelerometer is not going to give you anything meaningful. A gyroscope is not going to be much use either.

I am sorry if my comment is in the way, but I just want to let you know mourad-2a that this is an interesting project! :)

I am sorry if my comment is in the way, but I just want to let you know mourad-2a that this is an interesting project!

Not at all. Encouragement is always a good thing. Something that we probably don't offer often enough.

PaulS:

I am sorry if my comment is in the way, but I just want to let you know mourad-2a that this is an interesting project!

Not at all. Encouragement is always a good thing. Something that we probably don't offer often enough.

Merci beaucoup pour les encouragements, nous en avons besoins, moi et mon groupe, pour avancer dans ce projet.

Grumpy_Mike: I think the translator is on the blink again. Measuring the position of the car from the car is an even harder prospect than trying to measure the car's position from external video. What sensors are you thinking would do this? An accelerometer is not going to give you anything meaningful. A gyroscope is not going to be much use either.

After reflection on the subject with my group, we believe that the use of the video is not "interesting" in view of the time that was to lead the project (+ or - 3 months), we know that the difficulty present is the choice of installing sensors, but this track really interested us.

We therefore bought an accelerometer and a gyro sensor to allow us to have an angular value of rotation on each axis, all this connected to the Arduino board that will manage data acquisition. Once processed data we would like to have this type of result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuHRCnpcsDQ

And once again thank you all for your help.