My RepRap discount controller only shows 2 lines of square characters

hello, i just bought an arduino mega with ramps v1,4 shield with an reprap discount controller with 4 lines of characters.I run the Marlin code for test the display out..I've made the settings in configuration.h according to reprap instructrions and also pins.h..still no luck..my lcd only displays 2 lines of square characters ..it has no response IF SOMEONE HAS ANY IDEEA--->PLEASE give me some clues how cand i make it work I thank you;)

. . . PLEASE give me some clues how cand i make it work

Here’s a clue . . . give us enough information to work with.

You didn’t mention which two lines display the square characters although we already know that they are on the first and third lines. Generally speaking such a display means that your device is functioning but there is a problem with either the program code or the wiring.

You didn’t give us any links to information about the ‘reprap discount controller’ or the ‘reprap instructions’ that you mention.

You didn’t explain what ‘Marlin code’ is or provide an example.

You didn’t provide a photograph that allows us to unambiguously follow each wire from the Arduino to the controller.

Don

sorry about that
the marlin firmware i took from this site GitHub - MarlinFirmware/Marlin: Marlin is an optimized firmware for RepRap 3D printers based on the Arduino platform. | Many commercial 3D printers come with Marlin installed. Check with your vendor if you need source code for your specific machine.
this are the setting made

In "Configuration.h”
Change line 46 to #define MOTHERBOARD 33
Change line 306 to #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER (just remove the // at the beginning)
Change line 326 to #define NEWPANEL //enable this if you have a click-encoder panel (just remove the // at the beginning)
Switch over to “Pins.h” and change line 318 to #define RAMPS_V_1_3 (just remove the // at the beginning)
Upload the firmware, power off the Arduino, connect the panel, reapply power, and everything should work.

due to this site http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Smart_Controller

if there is anything that i could provide I will

The display is not initialized. Can you check your soldering?

A voice from the past reappears in the ‘Displays’ forum.

I'm not sure where the Arduino fits into all that stuff you linked to. Without access to the hardware you are using, which at a quick glance doesn't look anything like the stuff we usually see around here, it will be hard for most of us to help you.

Hopefully liudr has reemerged because he is familiar with your hardware.

Don

Don

floresta: A voice from the past reappears in the 'Displays' forum.

I start with installation and get tired out after microcontrollers :) Gotta change how I read the sub-forums