My website

It took me two days. Just finished, sort of, my web site, hosting eagle files to 14 avr boards that I have designed. I am planning to write some little tutorials in electronic and programming and some arduino library code there. Please help me test the site, and give me some suggestion. thank you

My site

This is the "Project Guidance" section, not the "Website Testing" section.

And I get this:-

The connection has timed out

The server at flyandance.atspace.cc is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Well it opened ok for me, nice clean looking layout.

Are you selling the boards and code or is it all free ?

Might be handier for Windows users if the files were .zip instead of .tar - no default .tar opener in w8.

While the project boards look interesting for some, am a bit concerned that the rest of your boards are quiet removed from the Adruino plug in shields, seems all the major manufacturers, like STM etc , have brought out their micro boards with Arduino shield compatible pins.

Can see the point of your dev boards, but you are up against the tide if you are trying to sell them…

I still get the same problem, with Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. No problems with any other websites.

OldSteve: I still get the same problem, with Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. No problems with any other websites.

Opens fine in FF or CH for me , W8... ?

I'm using Win10 Pro 64-bit, but it shouldn't be an OS problem. (Latest versions of Firefox, IE and Edge.) And as I say, all other websites open fine.

Hi, No problems here, Win7 64bit, google.

Tom... :)

TomGeorge: Hi, No problems here, Win7 64bit, google.

Interesting, but I'm not going to lose any sleep. And it's not speed at my end causing the timeout. My connection has a 2.94MB/s download speed at the moment. (Just tested) Going through my hundreds of bookmarks, I can't find another website that I can't access, only that one, so I don't consider it a problem. It's not like my life depends on it. :)

Hi,

11.41Mbps, and almost instant.

TomGeorge:
Hi,

11.41Mbps, and almost instant.

Tom… :slight_smile:

Mine was 2.94 mega bytes per second, not mega bits. (And it is instant, or near enough.)
Speed.JPG

OldSteve:
Mine was 2.94 mega bytes per second, not mega bits. (And it is instant, or near enough.)

Thats unusual, in the Uk have only ever seen it quoted as Bits.

000009.jpg

Hi, Show off.... :)

Tom.... :) I'm happy, this is Australia, and I cannot see how any faster will make my YouTube or google news content or GoT downloads any better. The forum will still load just a slow/fast??

What program are you using to get your speed?

Tom.. :)

TomGeorge: What program are you using to get your speed?

Tom.. :)

http://www.ozspeedtest.com/bandwidth-test/optus-speed-test/1/

ricky101: Thats unusual, in the Uk have only ever seen it quoted as Bits.

Your's is nice and fast. Even quicker than mine. I could get a fair bit faster, but I'd have to pay more, (and I'm a cheapskate). :D

TomGeorge:
What program are you using to get your speed?

Its a fibre optic cable provided by Virgin Media, so much better than the standard copper telephone cables.

Must confess over the years we have had free speed updates to the standard price package, the 2 to 10mb gave the most noticable improvements, the 10 to 20mb, hardly noticed, same with 20 to 50mb.

Most sites/ browers don’t notice any difference though suppose things like downloading movies on android boxes etc would be better …?

Even have a free update to 70mb waiting for me, though to be honest not bothered about it.

These might sound like good speeds but compared to some other countries, they class us as low speed !

Still, better knock what I have, lucky its been such a great service over the recent years :slight_smile:

ricky101: Its a fibre optic cable provided by Virgin Media, so much better than the standard copper telephone cables. http://beta.speedtest.net/

Must confess over the years we have had free speed updates to the standard price package, the 2 to 10mb gave the most noticable improvements, the 10 to 20mb, hardly noticed, same with 20 to 50mb.

Most sites/ browers don't notice any difference though suppose things like downloading movies on android boxes etc would be better ..?

Even have a free update to 70mb waiting for me, though to be honest not bothered about it.

These might sound like good speeds but compared to some other countries, they class us as low speed !

Still, better knock what I have, lucky its been such a great service over the recent years :)

Personally, I'm happy as long as I can stream (1080p) HD video without interruption. Our's is fibre-optic too, here in Oz, with speeds up to about 4 times what I get, (100Mb/s connections). Mine's a 25Mb/s connection.

OldSteve: Personally, I'm happy as long as I can stream (1080p) HD video without interruption. Our's is fibre-optic too, here in Oz, with speeds up to about 4 times what I get, (100Mb/s connections). Mine's a 25Mb/s connection.

Think if I had to pay for the speed as per Mbit, then 25Mb is what I would go for, really cannot see any use for faster at the moment... perhaps its only the gamers and commerce that really benefit from those higher speeds.

Seems you are working ok with W10 then ?

I tried it for 5-6 weeks, and waited for the Anniversary update to see if it had any affect on all the random freeze ups I was getting, but no. Seems a very common problem from the comments on the web and have tried various popular workarounds but nothing improved things so restored back to W8.1

Hi,
speed.jpg

Fibre to a little box on the wall of the house.
My deal is unlimited downloads and I can afford it.
So I’m happy.

The speed test I used doesn’t know the difference between line speed and download speed…

ricky101: Think if I had to pay for the speed as per Mbit, then 25Mb is what I would go for, really cannot see any use for faster at the moment... perhaps its only the gamers and commerce that really benefit from those higher speeds.

I agree. Having used 25Mb/s for a while now, I can't see any reason for faster.

Seems you are working ok with W10 then ? I tried it for 5-6 weeks, and waited for the Anniversary update to see if it had any affect on all the random freeze ups I was getting, but no. Seems a very common problem from the comments on the web and have tried various popular workarounds but nothing improved things so restored back to W8.1

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've had no problems whatsoever with Win10, apart from with outdated hardware. (My antique Konica Minolta printer and my equally old PL2303-based PIC programmer.)

It took a few days to get used to where everything is, moving up from WinXP to Win10, but since then it's been a breeze. I like Win10, now that I'm used to it. I did buy a new PC at the same time though, which probably helped avoid problems.

And I kept the old WinXP machine working, so can still use the PIC programmer and printer when I want. I have two other, newer printers that work with Win10, but have heaps of toner left in the KM and didn't want to waste it. (Forever a cheapskate.)