My windows is showing problem installing arduino driver. I really need help.

My arduino driver was previously installed and I was using arduino for 3 years without issue until today. All of a sudden, it fails to upload or connect to the serial port saying “COM5 is already in use” and windows complaining that the device isn’t recognized. From suggestion from another forum, I attempted to uninstall the driver and reinstall. In device manager (Windows 8.1), I right clicked and uninstalled. When I reconnect the USB, it shows arduino in the other devices section. I right clicked> update device software and selected the drivers folder in the downloaded arduino folder. Then I got this error:

“Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it”

I went to c:\Windows\Inf\setupapi.dev.log and attached the full log. Can someone please check the logs and let me know how to fix it? I will really appreciate a quick response as I have a project due tomorrow and this caused me to ask my prof for extension.

setupapi.dev.log (327 KB)

Capture.JPG

See Windows 8.1 Driver Install Fail - Installation & Troubleshooting - Arduino Forum

Changing Date on Windows 8 should be similar to 8.1
Changing Date on Windows 7 How to use alarms and timers in the Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

hth

Thanks so much. Worked.