Mysterious IR reciever

Hey people.

I recently bought these IR receivers from a local retailer for a project im currently working on. The ir recievers i bought have FPS 5038-1 written on them. But i cant find any information on these receivers except some chinese websites selling them. I really need the data sheet, i phoned the retailer and he said he didnt know anything about the datasheet. Can someone please help me find what these receivers actually are

(Both receivers have a small number written below which says 50 on one and 253 on another. My camera basically failed to take a picture of the back part. Also i checked and there is no markings whatsoever other than these in the entire packaging)

Cant upload 2 pics in one post…

I suggest to buy some IR receivers that come with a data sheet and match or exceed your specifications.

Could be a TSOP1x38 (38kHz IR receiver).
Pinout from left to right: GND, 5volt, out.
Leo..

Why are you buying something if you have no idea what it really is?

Housing looks like a TSOP sensor indeed.

//sorry for writing every thing in one post, i still have 5 min restrictions

wvmarle:
Why are you buying something if you have no idea what it really is?

I bought it keeping the serial number in my mind, i had no idea that it wouldn’t turn up on searches. I mean its not like the sensors Don't have anything written on them, which would be the case of buying something i Don't have any idea about.

jremington:
I suggest to buy some IR receivers that come with a data sheet and match or exceed your specifications.

My timing and monetary situation requires that i make do with these for now..

Wawa:
Could be a TSOP1x38 (38kHz IR receiver).
Pinout from left to right: GND, 5volt, out.
Leo..

are the pinouts standard? I mean is there a possibility of me burning these out?
as far as i know, they wont work perfectly unless a certain amount of voltage is applied, so at 5v, they might burn
with resistors to lower voltage to acceptable (non burning)levels also makes way for the possibility that the sensors inner logic circuit wont work properly((( most of the datasheet ive read call for at least 4.5v, isnt it the minimum operating voltage for the sensor?)))

are the pinouts standard?

No.

I mean is there a possibility of me burning these out?

The chance of burning one is higher than the chance it will work correctly, because there is only one way to connect it correctly.

But, it may not even be an IR receiver.

What are you trying to do. These receivers are only responding to modulated (38khz) IR light.

Could test it with this sketch, with an IR TV remote (not all are), and the sensor output connected to pin2.
One of the onboard LEDs on the Arduino (assuming Uno/Mega) should flash.
Leo..

void setup() {
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
  digitalWrite(13, !digitalRead(2));
}

jremington:
But, it may not even be an IR receiver.

Im pretty sure this is an ir reciever.. They are experienced retailers, shouldn't make this mistake. ...

The retailer is not experienced enough to stock the required data sheet.

Perhaps you could help educate them on that point.

Hi,

This looks like your receiver:

https://www.vishay.com/ir-receiver-modules/cast/

Just did some searching for you on this part.
Positively an IR receiver; found several references to this part number on Chinese web sites, all saying it's an IR receiver.
Then I found this pinout suggestion; which matches the majority of parts in the link given in #10. No guarantee, but sounds like a reasonable bet to me.
This post describes the same pinout.
No other references indeed at all to this part. I guess it's a mainland clone of one of the more common TSOP receivers, and the manufacturer never bothered to release a data sheet for it.

kaseftamjid:
Im pretty sure this is an ir reciever.. They are experienced retailers, shouldn't make this mistake. ...

But they can't even tell you the pinout!

Just Google "IR receiver", and go to images.
Scroll down untill you find one that looks the same.
Leo..