n chan mosfet for due (again)

There are quite few with reasonably low Rds on, specified at 2.5V, e/g irlml2502 or FDN335N but have anyone found one with a low footprint pin through package? My application should be happy with Id >=1A, Vds>=15V

Thanks for sharing your knowledge / experience

"low footprint pin through package"??

MarkT:
"low footprint pin through package"??

Why does a bug on a pin stuck in someone's collection of butterflies come to mind here?? :slight_smile:

A small footprint size, through hole package would be the TO-92.

Here's a list of all through-hole, logic-level, in-stock MOSFETs at Digi-Key.

Thanks dlloyd for correcting me.

I bought the irlml2502 which has rds specified at Vgs=2.5V but could not reliably solder lead to this little thing. then, bought 10 IRLB8721 in to220 for $5 (the ten). I tested them all at ~1.2A and found on all 10 a Vds<.3V for Vgs>2.9V. This is not a solution for the DUE but for the 5V processors it should be ok. So, again, if you are aware of a through hole part specified at Vgs=2.5V you're welcome to post here

Give up, find a SOT223/DPak/DPak2 part and mount it on stripboard. Logic level MOSFETs are new designs,
which are all surface mount (unless very high power, and no-one would use a vulnerable
low-gate-voltage part for high power).

the packages you mentioned seem workable for me but I did not find FETs with the above spec in these packages. Do you have a specific parts specified @ 2.5V?

No, I just the parametric search tools on the web interface of my electronics supplier, like everyone else
sourcing parts. Do you have a suitable supplier in your region?

Thanks, I am unable to find a way to filter for Rds on at 2.5V. E.g, filtering digikey for "logic 1/8V drive" lists transistors with Rds specified for 10V.

Again with digikey filtering for sot223 gives 0 and dpack is not listed in the package/case. Not sure what you call suitable supplier in my region. I buy mostly online

My application should be happy with Id >=1A, Vds>=15V

These look suitable (same pinout as TO-220).

This version has very low Rdson:
AO3416: max. Vds=20, Vgs +/- 8, 6.5A continuous, Rdson 0.034@1.8Vgs, 0.022@4.5Vgs (blue)

guy_c:
There are quite few with reasonably low Rds on, specified at 2.5V, e/g irlml2502 or FDN335N but have anyone found one with a low footprint pin through package? My application should be happy with Id >=1A, Vds>=15V

Thanks for sharing your knowledge / experience

What am I missing here.
What is the need for this MOSFET etc etc etc ...
Tom.... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
What am I missing here.
What is the need for this MOSFET etc etc etc ...
Tom.... :slight_smile:

E.g.

1. cycle the router / cable modem / both if Inet connectivity failure.
  2. drive a few sirens @ 150mA each

@ dlloyd. You are the man! This seem the thing i need. Will have a close look when back home

bought 10 adapters for $1.5 on eBay. Will report here how it went

sot23-sil.jpg

Low gate voltage fet in manageable package. The attached collage should tell it all