I’ve been working with my new Nano 33 uploading sketches, tweaking, uploading etc. In today’s sketch the void setup() runs a lamp test then the loop does loop stuff. It’s been working great all day until this last upload. The void setup() seems to be there since the R,G,B run through a quick sequence on reset but it’s otherwise dead. No serial monitor and the Builtin LED is blinking 5 quick, 3 slow, 5 quick, 3 slow… Coincidentally I lost my comms ports at the same time. I followed some instructions from YT and loaded a package that seemed to put the comms ports back.
I’ve tried to upload a simple blink and the attachment shows the error and the screenshot shows my hardware configuration.
My old Nano clone is running fine on it’s normal port. The computer sees the Nano 33 but now there’s some sort of java error. Is this the device or the IDE?
Build options changed, rebuilding all Sketch uses 72484 bytes (7%) of program storage space. Maximum is 983040 bytes. Global variables use 1408 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 260736 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 262144 bytes. processing.app.debug.RunnerException at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:152) at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:77) at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:732) at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:703) at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2070) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port '/dev/cu.usbserial-1410'. at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:107) at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:136) ... 5 more Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - /dev/cu.usbserial-1410; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy. at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164) at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:101) ... 6 more
EDIT: I plugged in my old nano and the comms ports show up. But I still get the java error. When I unplug the old nano the comms ports go away.
The troubleshooting guide was no help.
EDIT 2: I installed Arduino IDE on my other computer and plugged in the Nano 33. No comms ports show up. Plug in old Nano and it works fine. I think the new Nano 33 is the culprit.
EDIT 3: I double pumped the reset button and it took a blink program from my old computer. Took it back to the original and it has the same problem over there. I think I’ll try a new install of the IDE.