Nano 33 BLE USB Serial not working

The following code works fine on a Arduino UNO with a terminal connection. I receive "hello" once a second.

#include <ArduinoBLE.h>

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
Serial.println("hello");
delay(1000);
}

But same code on the Nano 33 BLE does not output any text on the terminal.

In the "Get Started" Example they do basically the same:

Yes I checked connections, yes I reconnected everything, yes I reseted everything. Cannot find any documentation on that. Please help.

I just tried it and it is working as expected for me.

Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "a terminal connection". How did you make this "terminal connection"? I need to be able to reproduce the issue you had so that I can help you with it.

After program load, do you go back under Tools and select the non programming Port, close the tools menu, and reopen the monitor? The two COM ports on the Nano 33 BLE can be confusing to manage.

After all it is now working. Looks like, that YAT terminal is not working with the BLE. But same code from the UNO was showing on YAT.

Now using RealTerm and it is working fine. Don´t know what it is/was but took enouth time to get it to work... to see it and to throw it in the trash tomorrow, when my customer saw it...

Fair warning for all electronic muggles that use this god d... Arduino crap.... all bytes always ASCII coded for noobs...

... If I could turn back time I would go back to the day someone invented this crap... and prevent him from doing this... for all professional electronic designers like me, this is hell.

Every second project is amateurish made by a accounting guy from a startup company claiming that this is pretty much working already and that the final product and final C code needs to be ready in 2-3 weeks.

Everyone who is reading this: Making a final product to sell from an Arduino based prototype NEEDS AS MUCH TIME AS BUILDING IT FROM SCRATCH! Arduino has nothing to do with professional electronics at all.

Thanks.

OK, well I guess you only wanted to vent.
Best wishes to you for success in your professional electronic design endeavors.

1 Like