Nano and scooter

Hi every one,

I have created a simple RFID project for replace my scooter key. :slight_smile: after installation I have faced a problem. Scooter is starting in good way with my new system. But when I accelerate, the circuit become unstable and stop working. Pls some one explain this and give me a solution. Thanks all of you.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html . Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
Make sure you include how you have got the circuit connected to the scooter power supply.

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

your scooter produce AC current which goes to voltage regulator. When you accelerate scooter produce much more current with different frequency.

Voltage regulator converts it to DC. It shouldn't go above 14V. Check voltage of a battery when you accelerate.

If is everything OK with your voltage regulator then maybe you have problems with EMI (Electromagnetic Interference)

That can be coused by coils/magnet or CDI, spark on spark plug.

Voltage regulator in scooters are far from ideal. Maybe you will just need to make your own voltage regulator

The HV firing tension at the spark plug creates ripples on the battery terminals; these ripples are propagated to the UNO/electronics boards to create chaotic electric noise/spikes. There are standard solutions for it and it is very especial kind of filter found to be used with Taxi Meter. You may try installing the following filter circuit board. This small board will take noisy 12V Battery voltage of scooter and will feed spike free volatge to your UNO/electronics board.
emifilter.png

emifilter.png

Indeed the voltage regulator in scooters lacks improvements and sometimes this can give you real headaches. I exchanged mine but to no avail, the problem persists, so I'm in need of advice. I read a lot of information online about voltage regulators and scooters in general, you can take a look here if you're interested, but I didn't find a direct answer to my question. I thought here I would find a solution so I read a lot of threads, but again, nothing concrete, but I still hope I will get a piece of advice from you.