Nano programmer not responding after a few uploads

I think i have a rather weird case with my arduino Nano (not the official one btw). If I connect the Nano everything works as expected:

I see the serial port; I can upload a simple sketch like the blink sketch and get the led to blink on the Nano.

After a few uploads i get the following error: (i did deleted some paths otherwise it would have to many characters)

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

Compiling sketch...
"/Users/info/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os  -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -flto -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR   "-I/Users/info/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/Users/info/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/eightanaloginputs" "/var/folders/qg/m5hkctmd6930xhtsbfkktcnw0000gn/T/arduino_build_285102/sketch/Blink.ino.cpp" -o "/var/folders/qg/m5hkctmd6930xhtsbfkktcnw0000gn/T/arduino_build_285102/sketch/Blink.ino.cpp.o"
Compiling libraries...
Compiling core...
Using precompiled core
Linking everything together...

Sketch uses 930 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
/Users/info/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino14/bin/avrdude -C/Users/info/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino14/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/cu.wchusbserial410 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/qg/m5hkctmd6930xhtsbfkktcnw0000gn/T/arduino_build_285102/Blink.ino.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/Users/info/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino14/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/info/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/cu.wchusbserial410
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

The weirdest part is the fact that if i try to upload a sketch the next day it works fine until about the third time i try to upload. Maybe it has to cool down?

I already tried the "(old bootloader)" option in the tools > processor menu but that gives me:

avr-g++: error: missing device or architecture after '-mmcu='
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

I also tried to push the reset button while and/or before uploading to the Nano.

Does anyone know a solution...

Any help appreciated!

Response 0x00 means that the device is not connected/reachable for many reasons: cable, port, HW problems with the board, missing bootloader...

avr-g++: error: missing device or architecture after '-mmcu=' This looks like SW not HW problem. Compiler need to know which architecture is used. Seems to me like some problem with selected board or corrupted config files.

But I manage to upload for the first time after a period of time.

Maybe it has to cool down?

Start with the loop-back test. Search here on the web, how to. Also try another cable, check your port under OS, etc. Choosing the old bootloader doesn't help if it has already worked with the new one.