Near IR lights for TCS3200 for black color fabric weaving defects

Hi All -

Thanks in advance, for taking out your time read and possible suggestions.

I'm working identifying weaving defects(lime knotting, missing thread) of a black denim with TCS3200 - with LED lights, I'm not really seeing any difference in the values, now wondering if IR light can help, if any of you have experience on the subject, pl advice.

Best,

Ramesha

With as many posts as you have, you should already realize you have supplied NO information on what you have tried and the results you have received. What valued did you get with the various lights? How did you test your software? Did it have ANY detection results?

Did you try all 4 possible colors? What LED lights did you try? Were their colors compatible with the TCS3200? Why do you think IR would work when the TCS3200 does not spec IR capability?

What actually tells you there is a defect? Is it reflected light or is it light passing through the fabric?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
With as many posts as you have, you should already realize you have supplied NO information on what you have tried and the results you have received. What valued did you get with the various lights? How did you test your software? Did it have ANY detection results?

Did you try all 4 possible colors? What LED lights did you try? Were their colors compatible with the TCS3200? Why do you think IR would work when the TCS3200 does not spec IR capability?

What actually tells you there is a defect? Is it reflected light or is it light passing through the fabric?

Paul

• Tried all 4 colors, used visible spectrum LED strip - LED of 1W each, I’m getting readings of all 4 colors (low frequency counts with black color and other dark blue colors, with white and other colors fabrics - frequency readings and evaluation working fine), basic issue is all light is being absorbed by the dark colors and very small amount of light getting reflected back, and fabrics knots and other defects are of same color - there is no difference in the frequency count, hence thought of trying with IR lights and seeked guidance

rockwellramesha:

• Tried all 4 colors, used visible spectrum LED strip - LED of 1W each, I’m getting readings of all 4 colors (low frequency counts with black color and other dark blue colors, with white and other colors fabrics - frequency readings and evaluation working fine), basic issue is all light is being absorbed by the dark colors and very small amount of light getting reflected back, and fabrics knots and other defects are of same color - there is no difference in the frequency count, hence thought of trying with IR lights and seeked guidance

Ok, You have a system that is working ok for all fabric, except the dark colors.

You need to confirm the sensor will actually detect IR light. Not in the specs, but that doesn’t mean it won’t work. I know black house paint actually contains a lot of red. Perhaps the fabric dye also contains enough red to work at IR.

There is also the possibility of using UV light. That will most likely need a different sensor.

Lots of experimenting is needed!

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Ok, You have a system that is working ok for all fabric, except the dark colors.

You need to confirm the sensor will actually detect IR light. Not in the specs, but that doesn't mean it won't work. I know black house paint actually contains a lot of red. Perhaps the fabric dye also contains enough red to work at IR.

There is also the possibility of using UV light. That will most likely need a different sensor.

Lots of experimenting is needed!

Paul

Thanks for valuable suggestions