Neat wiring ?


Simple question, I would like to split a wire in 16 parts (1 in, 16 out), what should I use? It must handle 230VAC.

I know about this, which isn’t very elegant:

And this, which is limited to one wire in, 7 wires out:

Actually, I know I could use 5 of those “5-ways splitters”, but it isn’t neat :slight_smile:

But there must be other, better “devices”, but I don’t know what to search for, so if you could give me some english terms that I could search for…

Thanks :slight_smile:

What is the maximum current load for each of the 16 output wires? Voltage and current ratings are important when selecting best connector solutions.


"terminal block"

And If you look carefully in the same catalog you will find "Shorting Bars" that are used to "Gang" or connect multiple screw terminals together... The final answer those barrier blocks will work well to 10A or more as well.


Lefty, honestly I don't know (I'm not sure I will ever use all of those 16 wires). But it will never exceed 15A total, since it's the max current that can be drawn before the circuit breaker is triggered :)

Ok thank you guys, I hoped there was a more clean solution... A terminal connector and it's short bar will do it. Anyway, it will be hidden in a box :)

Ok thank you guys, I hoped there was a more clean solution… A terminal connector and it’s short bar will do it. Anyway, it will be hidden in a box :slight_smile:

Another possibility (though a bit more dangerous) would be to use a bus bar; these are sold typically a “big box” home centers (Lowe’s, Home Depot) in the electrical aisle, near the circuit breaker panels/boxes. They are basically a piece of metal with a bunch of holes, and screws which are perpendicular to the holes; you insert your wires into the holes (typically solid core - this is meant for home wiring in a circuit breaker), and tighten the screws to secure the wires. They are meant for tying all the independent neutrals and/or grounds together:

They also come in other styles, but this is the kind fairly common here in the USA for residential usage. You could instead build your own - get a piece of solid square aluminum rod, then drill and tap holes for your wires - use spade or ring terminals on the ends of the wires.