Need a 1-pin half-duplex serial method.

The built-in serial communication system is great for half-duplex 2-pin serial communication on pins 0 and 1, it's faster than my internet at home. But, I have a special need...
I got a new Parallax ColorPal for my birthday and I need to use serial communication, but I need it to...

1. Be half-duplex on ONE pin
  2. Be on a pin that is not 0 or 1 and can be chosen by the user

Thanks!

It should be possible to modify my Yet Another Software Serial to do what you want. As written it works with one of the external interrupt pins but it should be possible to write it to work with a pinChange interrupt if you really need to use any pin.

What is a Parallax ColorPal ?

...R

Robin2:
It should be possible to modify my Yet Another Software Serial to do what you want. As written it works with one of the external interrupt pins but it should be possible to write it to work with a pinChange interrupt if you really need to use any pin.

What is a Parallax ColorPal ?

...R

Sounds good, I'll take a look. A Parallax ColorPal is a serial device that has an RGB LED controlled by 8-bit PWM and can also sense ambient light levels. When these two functions are used in conjunction with the black shade, you can detect the color of a reflective object.

Clockworkmod:
The built-in serial communication system is great for half-duplex 2-pin serial communication on pins 0 and 1, it's faster than my internet at home.

The serial interface on pins 0 and 1 is full duplex. How much are you paying for your internet? :slight_smile: