Need a hardware piece or an IOT device?

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to build a hardware device but I am stuck and would need your help. CAn anyone build this from scratch or let me know how can I approach it? Any help in any way would be appreciated!

Here are the details of the hardware piece-

The device must receive 'instructions' from any 'point of sale' (POS).

The POS is basically a computer/register that you can find in any store when you buy something.

The 'Instructions' are usually receipts generated by the POS system. Usually, instructions are sent to a receipt printer. But rather than sending to a receipt printer, it should be sent to the device.

The device must be able to connect to any POS using any connector such as USB, etc.

The device must hold those instructions temporarily. Let's say for 30 seconds once they are sent to the device.

The device then transmits those instructions to the iOS app. For that, it must be able to connect with the iOS app wirelessly through NFC or Bluetooth.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Gaurav

Sounds like a project you need to finish for a grade.

...or some kind of scam.
Hmmm

receiptless:
The device must receive 'instructions' from any 'point of sale' (POS).
The device must be able to connect to any POS using any connector such as USB, etc.

It is not likely possible to make a device that can replace every possible internal, external, wired, or wireless receipt printer on every POS terminal ever produced. You will have to design for each POS terminal separately. In cases where the printer is a dot-matrix device you may need more memory than a basic Arduino contains in order to buffer and interpret the images being printed. Some POS terminal use a full laser printer as a receipt printer. I suspect that having an Arduino emulate a laser printer will be quite difficult.
Good luck.

I think you need to interface Captain Kirks comunicator to the universal translator and Spocks tri-corder.
With the 78 trillion security codes in use by the 15,000 POS units, a simple tap into SkyNet would help.
For power, a Barillium sphere should work well.

dave-in-nj:
I think you need to interface Captain Kirks comunicator to the universal translator and Spocks tri-corder.
With the 78 trillion security codes in use by the 15,000 POS units, a simple tap into SkyNet would help.
For power, a Barillium sphere should work well.

There's an answer that IS absolutely appropriate to the question...........

I am trying to build a hardware device but I am stuck

At which point are you stuck?