Need a name for this new shield...

I'm opening a new topic just for the name suggession. If you want to see the history of this thread, go to Battery Shield (http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1199430525)

Here are the detail of this shield:

• 3-Axis +/-3g Accelerometer
  • XBee or XBee PRO
  • 9V Battery Terminal with auto select power (if the wall adapter is present, the power is automatically switch to wall adapter, no need to remove the battery)
  • Two levels low power (VIN) indicator (Alert&Alarm)
  • +3.3V Reg.
  • ON/OFF switch
  • Reset switch
  • Blue power on LED
  • All of the header pins from the Arduino are available

Anyone has a suggession for the name of this new shield?

[/quote]

Some (many?) of your ground (9v-) traces look awfully fine for power traces.

Can't help you with a name. No ideas :-(

How about Waccel shield For Wireless Accelerometer Shield Or maybee even Wacell power shield to get the power options in the name Could be spelled Waxcell for added geek effect.

How about keeping your current name, with a slight capitalisation change...?

When you need it all...

The Arduino shield you need is...

xXx

:D

--Phil.

Some (many?) of your ground (9v-) traces look awfully fine for power traces.

westfw, Thanks for you suggession. Can you please be pacific why they are so awfully?

Note: I'll have a copper pour on top and bottom layer connecting to GND. I just don't want to show it earlier because it hard to see traces with copper pour.

How about keeping your current name, with a slight capitalisation change...?

When you need it all...

The Arduino shield you need is...

xXx

:D

--Phil.

Wow! That might be a good idea. I'm thinking about adding the following circuits:

• I2C EEPROM
  • I2C Digital Termometer
  • I2C Real Time Clock (RTC)

I know it will make the module sond very expensive, but the customer will have an option to order only what they need. Later on when they have more budget, they can buy and solder the other components on themselve.

OK I've added those circuits I mentioned. Here are the final features of this board:

• I2C EEPROM
  • I2C Digital Termometer
  • I2C Real Time Clock (RTC)
  • 3-Axis +/-3g Accelerometer
  • XBee or XBee PRO
  • 9V Battery Terminal with auto select power (if the wall adapter is present, the power is automatically switch to wall adapter, no need to remove the battery)
  • Two levels low power (VIN) indicator (Alert&Alarm)
  • +3.3V Reg.
  • ON/OFF switch
  • Reset switch
  • Blue power on LED
  • All of the header pins from the Arduino are available

Still need a suggession for the name of this shield, anyone?

Here is the final design:

How about "Tilting Bee" shield

Just for closure: your (not shown) copper pours are sufficient to address my complaints about the GND trace widths.

How about "the kitchen sink" shield? It has everything...

Multi Shield.

Like Multi Man, with the Shield, from The Impossibles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impossibles_(cartoon).

hahaha. ;D

The GigaShield, but maybe add a few more devices before staking the title ;D

Call the shield MOAS

Mother of All Shields

;D

(available soon?)

How about "BatShield"? It refers to the shield's birth as a battery shield and sounds kind of like something Batman would have (your shield reminds me of Batman's gadget belt - no matter what the situation, the needed gadget was always available).

BTW, this is an awesome shield and I look forward to being able to order one!