Need a step by step for using Nano Hairless Midi on Macbook.

Hello forum,

I have searched for this information, but it may be embedded in a lengthy topic.

I have built a pedal controller using a Nano, and loaded the midi library, plus a sketch code that the pedal building instructions indicated.

This is my first arduino project btw.

This links to the code I used. It was too long of a messsage with the whole sketch code.

#include <MIDI.h>

/*

I installed a driver for the Arduino chip I believe (it’s been quite a process and I can’t fully remember what steps I’ve taken now. Anyway, And I used the old bootloader so that the port shows up in the tools page of the Arduino.

I create a virtual serial port using the audio Midi set up function in the utilities menu. I opened Hairless and connected the serial port to the midi out that matched the midi port in the tools section of the arduino genuino software.

When I press the pedal buttons a light flashes on the arduino board.

In Mobius, the loop pedal software, I see the name of the new virtual port show up, IAC Bus 2, and it is selected in all of the input output and through devices.

However, when I try to get the pedal recognized in the midi bindings page nothing happens.

I loaded a script that should work with the set up I have, and I have tried to do it by using the midi capture function, but nothing is coming through.

Is anyone able to give me a basic workflow for this kind of set up, or at least some simple tests or code for me to be able to test my connectivity and figure out where I have missed a step. I don’t mind going back to basics to figure this out.

If there is a thread on here that has this information I would be obliged in being directed.

Thank you in advance.

You need to make sure that Hairless is set to the same baud rate as the Arduino.

I create a virtual serial port using the audio Midi set up function in the utilities menu. I opened Hairless and connected the serial port to the midi out that matched the midi port in the tools section of the arduino genuino software.

Sounds wrong. You just need to run Hairless and connect your midi to it. No virtual serial ports needed.

Note Instructables are normally crap. Never use them for learning new stuff.

A simple serial midi output test is in the link at the bottom of this page
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/MIDI_Shield.html