I'm aware of the Nokia 5110, but have to reject them for a few reasons; they have mechanical issues that cause them to fail at alarming rates, they're too small, their resolution is too low for my application.
I don't need color. 1-bit is sufficient. I don't need a backlight, since it'll always be used in daylight, anyway.
- I'm probably in need of a 240x180-ish display. I could possibly do 180x120, but it would be tight.
- The display should be around 4-5 inches. I can go higher resolution to get the larger display, if necessary.
- It needs to be capable of at least a 10Hz update rate (though I wouldn't be updating all pixels every frame, just 100 or so).
- It has to draw very little power. I have to run this thing on battery for 4+ hours.
- It has to be durable. The environment it'll be used in is pretty abusive of hardware. I can pack it in a sturdy case with a lexan cover, but it'll get dropped. A lot.
- It MUST be readable when in direct sunlight. The user will not be able to re-orient it if it's unreadable in some illumination situation.
Any thoughts? Thank you!