Need advice on a project

I need advice on what material I need to complete this project. Can anyone help?

The Concept is a game table with 8 positions. Six buttons at each position.

button function: function #1 (dealer) this function when pressed illuminates your controller orange indicating dealer, simultaneously illuminating the next two controllers in line with an orange flash indicating small blind and big blind. function #2 (clear) this function when pressed turns off your controller LED. primarily used for turning off your flashing orange blind indicator. Function #3 (check) this function when press illuminates the next controller in line with blue indicating that you have checked to them. Function #3 (Bet) this function when pressed illuminates the next controller in line with green indicating that you have just placed a bet. Function #5 (raise) this function when pressed illuminates the next controller in line with yellow indicating that you have just raised a bet. Function #6 (fold) this function when pressed illuminates your controller with red indicating that you have folded. The controller is also locked out of rotation until cleared. Note: when the check, bet, raise functions are pressed they turn off their controlled LED as well as performing their function.

RingleJr: this project.

Ummmmm, what project would that be?

OP had completely left the description out of the opening post, hence my comment, and then edited it in without saying "Oops, I left this out."

RingleJr: I need advice on what material I need to complete this project. Can anyone help?

It looks like you'll need a game table with 8 positions and six buttons at each position.

That correct, any ideas?

TonyWilk: It looks like you'll need a game table with 8 positions and six buttons at each position.

RingleJr: That correct, any ideas?

Start with the controller(s) based on the above information each player "station" needs:

Six input buttons Five output LEDS

One input communication (linked to the previous position) One Output Communication (linked to the next position)

Each position needs a minimum of 12 I/O (less if using mutiplexing devices) 8 positions is a total of 96 I/O

Think about how you are going to manage this number of inputs and outputs, will you multiplex? Uno at each station with a common Communication link around the table (Bus System)? Star config back to a central controller? Or One common controller with expansion boards in the center of the table Star configured to each position?

Once you understand what the structure looks like you will be able to chose the processor and add ons to make it work, then you can start your programming. The choice of switches and lights are simple in comparison.

I have an idea of how I would manage the physical layout and some thoughts on the connections and lighting display etc but this is your project so you need to design it.

Kiwi_Bloke:
Start with the controller(s)
based on the above information each player “station” needs:

Six input buttons
Five output LEDS

Probably easiest way to go about this is a central control Arduino, and at every seat a separate PCB with the LEDs, buttons and two shift registers: one to control the LEDs (if it’s just a regular LED it can power it directly; for >20 mA you need a separate driver), and one to read the buttons.

So a total of 16 shift registers (they’re really cheap).

To build this project you start of course with just one seat, get that completely working, then add a second so you can get the interaction working, and finally the other six (that should be pretty straightforward now).

These two pages might be of interest for shifting in buttons and shifting out to LEDs:

https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/ShiftRegSN74HC165N

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut

Yours, TonyWilk