Need advice on the right IR emitter/receiver

Hi all, I was hoping to gain some insight from you in choosing the right IR emitter/receiver pairing to get a "car" to follow a black line using an Arduino Uno R3. I have done much research on this, and know most of the basics, but many of the tutorials I have found online don't link the supplies they've used or where they've bought them. If anyone has done anything like this in the past and has links of what specific supplies you used it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jack

p.s. any motor advice would be helpful as well!

I have used IR sensors.. The smoothest movement requires several sensors.
3,5,or 7 (mounted side by side) for increased ability to determine 'how' the line is turning
IR sensor array

jackcav20:
Hi all, I was hoping to gain some insight from you in choosing the right IR emitter/receiver pairing to get a "car" to follow a black line using an Arduino Uno R3. I have done much research on this, and know most of the basics, but many of the tutorials I have found online don't link the supplies they've used or where they've bought them. If anyone has done anything like this in the past and has links of what specific supplies you used it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jack

p.s. any motor advice would be helpful as well!

I recently made this project line following robot,i used IR sensor module which consists of ir transmitter and photodiode and an op-amp.I used two of them on the robot.I am giving link follow that link you will get to know how they look but i live in India so i can't provide you link of place where you live but you will get the idea of them.
https://www.ebay.in/itm/332452965270?aff_source=Sok-Goog

Thank you both for your replies! They are both very helpful! If either of you have an example code you used I would be extremely grateful.

I'd start here