Need advices to make an IOT robot

Hi everyone,i am a student and i want to do a quite big project.Do you know Anki vector or Anki Cozmo? Yep,that's a robot i want to do,but i know my knowledge is not enough to do an amazing robot like this.So,i want to do a robot based on arduino and have a several features below:

• Display emotions by LED
  • Can hear and following voice
  • Can interact with robot voice
  • Especially,can connect to iot devices and can control it by talking to the robot.

So,i think it hard for a newbie like me and i don't know where is the start,i'm very glad to receive advices from you about what i need and what i have to do/to know.Thank you so much!

"Hi everyone,i am a student and i want to do a quite big project"

That sounds like a big project. What part do you expect an arduino or variant to play in your project?

Thanks for replying my post,i want to use arduino as the main processor of this

alita_geek:
for a newbie like me and i don't know where is the start

Do you have an arduino? Get one. or a few. That way if there are any mishaps along the way you do not have to wait for a replacement.
Other hardware
Motors, motor drivers. Do you have these? If I were tackling a task like this I would get a kit that had the chassis, wheels, motors and drivers so that I had a reasonable confidence that it would all work together.

Display. Do you have one? There are OLED displays of various sizes. Get one.

Then, go through tutorials for each one. INDEPENDENT of all the other features.
Make the motors move without the display connected.
Make the display work without the motors connected.
Only then should you try to make them work with both connected.

• Can hear and following voice
  • Can interact with robot voice

I am not sure about the voice recognition on the arduino. I have seen some simple projects that attempted to recognize a small set of words but they usually involved a lot of frustration.

• Especially,can connect to iot devices and can control it by talking to the robot.

I have not used and IOT but there are projects that can be googled.

If it has wheels, it it going to move around? Are you thinking of using any sensors so that it can avoid bumping in to things?

alita_geek:
Thanks for replying my post,i want to use arduino as the main processor of this

I doubt an arduino can act as the main processor for the project. You might need a board type of computer, or maybe even a conventional computer like a notepad or tablet as the for the robot brain.

is there a solution to make the robot act independently,or i must have a computer/phone as it's brain?

vinceherman:
Do you have an arduino? Get one. or a few. That way if there are any mishaps along the way you do not have to wait for a replacement.
Other hardware
Motors, motor drivers. Do you have these? If I were tackling a task like this I would get a kit that had the chassis, wheels, motors and drivers so that I had a reasonable confidence that it would all work together.

Display. Do you have one? There are OLED displays of various sizes. Get one.

Then, go through tutorials for each one. INDEPENDENT of all the other features.
Make the motors move without the display connected.
Make the display work without the motors connected.
Only then should you try to make them work with both connected.I am not sure about the voice recognition on the arduino. I have seen some simple projects that attempted to recognize a small set of words but they usually involved a lot of frustration.I have not used and IOT but there are projects that can be googled.

If it has wheels, it it going to move around? Are you thinking of using any sensors so that it can avoid bumping in to things?

oh this is advice that i need right now,i'm newbie so i want have instruction like this.Thank you so much!