NEED ARDUINO CODE FOR CONTROLLING CNC PLASMA CUTTER BY USING ARDUINO

Sir i am a mechanical student. I am going to develop a CNC Plasma Cutting machine as my Final year project of BS Mechanical degree. I want the Code to control movement of cutter by using arduino. Kindly help me if you can!! I shall be very thankfull to you.

There is no generic Arduino code for controlling a CNC plasma cutter.

It will need to be specially written (by you) to operate the hardware that you have produced.

OKAY!

AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN STUPID TO USE ARDUINO CODE IF YOU'RE NOT PLANING ON USING AN ARDUINO

and yeay, don't shout/go mad on the caps ;)

Thus is code for a CNC miller http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/CNC_Conversion.html

If you want someone to write a program for you for a fee you should ask in the Gigs and Collaborations section of the Forum.

I wonder if the GRBL CNC program could do what you want?

There are also several CNC Forums that may have advice

...R

this looks interesting..but here i just need programming code to control stepper motors!

atif241: this looks interesting..

What do you mean by "this" ?

but here i just need programming code to control stepper motors!

See this simple stepper code and stepper motor basics

...R

atif241: this looks interesting..but here i just need programming code to control stepper motors!

I think you need to elaborate to great extent.

if you have a CAD drawing that you want to digitize, turn into tool cut paths, include cutting tool off-sets, generate speed of cuts, allow for piercing, etc.....

you will need a CAD program a program for post processing to generat the tool paths, a program that takes the resultant G-code and turns that into a data file a program on the Arduino that can read that data file

or, are you saying you have all that done and are looking at just driving the actual motors ?

for the piercing, you will want to monitor current on the plazma cutter to know when the plasma stream is formed you will want a voltage feed-back to tell you the current plazma cutting conditions, this will be a secondary control of the torch head Z axis to maintain the pre-set cutting conditions as the speeds vary, the materials vary, or the shape of the part varies.

The many open-source examples for 3D printers can be used to drive a CNC cutter, probably with very little modification to the code.

The code I pointed you at in reply #3 will do all that. It will input Gcode and drive the stepping motors according to the Gcode commands.

Grumpy_Mike: The code I pointed you at in reply #3 will do all that. It will input Gcode and drive the stepping motors according to the Gcode commands. [/quote Thanks...I am trying to understand that code.

I am trying to understand that code.

Well that is another matter, I based it on a RepRap code so it is not all my own work but should be able to follow it.