Need board selection advice

I need a WiFi capable board that will be used to monitor tank water level. The data gathered will be saved to the cloud and used for a real-time usage graph. Each tank has WiFi installed. I actually need to monitor two tanks, but will begin with one to start with.

The tanks are about 0.7 miles apart. I am including this info just in case it may have some bearing in choice of boards. I hope to be able to send this data to a cell phone app.

I would like to have the board powered by both a 5V (converted from 120V) and also have a LiPo battery for backup in case of power failure.

These water tanks feed 60 households and a rapid drop in water level can have serious consequences to these families. This is usually due to line breakage (construction crew) or user(s) forgetting to close a waters spigot. This is why the level monitoring in real time is critical.

The boards that I think will work for this project is the Arduino MKR WAN 1300 or the Arduino MKR GSM 1400 (out of stock!)

Any help in board selection will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Phillip

My go-to board is the Wemos D1 Mini.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

WiFi (WeMos) for 0.7 miles?
Forget about it.

The usual questions come to mind.
Is there line-of-sight.
Leo..

Leo,
That was my first thought as well. The person whose job it is to monitor these tanks cannot see either tank due to all the homes in the area. In addition, the furthest tank is in a depression, so LOS is out of the question.
Thanks.

Distance is irrelevant.

Exactly.

What I/O do you require? Any 5V signals, analog or digital? Number of analog channels? Digital count?

Any requirements other than WiFi? That’s not much of a specification.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.