Need guidance building a DAW Midi machine controller

Hello, all.

I plan on building a DAW controller for use with audio editing and mixing software.

For what I could find, I believe MIDI is the best way to achieve this.

To start small, I'd like to build a 4 fader mixer with a 8 encoder with switch matrix to control plugins and software knobs and at least 5 buttons for transport and 2 more buttons to move along the several input channels or block of 4 input channels.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to get OLEDs on each encoder and channel, in order to display the label of what their control is assigned to. But I'm aware this may be going way over my head and it should be left alone for the future.

My first problems are:

• The program structure itself. I'm able to read the encoder, but I'm not able to find a solution to map it to a specific control.

• I also can't find any information on a way to choosing the plugin window on the screen and automaticaly have a preset mapping of the encoders called from the controller. Meaning, that after I give each plugin it's midi channel, when I open the plugin window the controller should control that specific instance of the plugin I have on screen inserted in it's specifi channel.

-Although I do have a midi input on my DSP card, I'd like to be able to make it USB connectable. If it means specific software drivers will need to be implemented, I'd take this one to the end of the list and concentrate on the MIDI comunications by MIDI input.

-The faders should be motorized in order to be able to update it's position accordingly to the DAW software and vice versa.

I'm not much of a programmer, but I'd appreciate if anyone with a similar interest and a bit more capabilities than myself, would help me out on this small but complex project.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need more clarification on my purposes and objectives.