Need Help! A simple effect for a Ledstrip.

Hi guys! I need a little bit of help with my project. The problem is i dont have alot of time. I also just started tinkering with arduino so i dont understand alot about it.

I have a WSP2811 Ledstrip with LPD6803 chip on it. I am able to control it with my Arduino Uno but i am not capable to create a custom effect. So my question is that some one can help me with this. It can be a simple effect. I need to get a flame/smouldering effect. Each individual led cycles between 3 colors random.

This code here works already but it is just a example. So there are a few different effects.

strandtest.ino (3.73 KB)

The problem is i dont have alot of time. I also just started tinkering with arduino so i dont understand alot about it.

That could be a problem...

Do you understand how your code works with the LED strip, or did you just blindly copy it? (Adafruit has lots of tutorials if you want to understand how those LED strips work.)

FYI - I haven't studied that code and I've never used the WSP2811 before, but I have done a project with serially-addressable LEDs.

Each individual led cycles between 3 colors random.

Let's start with [u]random()[/u] which can give you random values within a range.

Maybe you should start with randomly dimming the pin-13 LED (with analogWrite() and PWM). Do you think you can handle that, or do you need some help? Just start with a fixed dimming value, then put it in a loop and make it random. Don't forget to constrain your random values to between 0 and 255 (the valid PWM range).

If you want to see it flicker, add a delay of around 1/10th of a second (100mS). You can experiment with different delay times to see what looks best.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Did you go to YouTube and search WSP2811 arduino fire effect

There are many examples to show if you are in a hurry.

Tom... :)