Need help and advice on this component

Hi fellow arduino enthusiastic,

I am looking to do a project regarding power glove (aka data glove). Whereby flexible sensor is mounted onto the glove.
However, as a newbie, I do not have any prior knowledge as to how do I connect this component.
I was given this component only without any other guidance. (as attached in the image)

Qns 1: is it some sort of carbon ink flexible resistivity sensor?
If yes, move on to question 2, if no, what exactly is it?

Qns 2: If this is a carbon ink flexible resistivity sensor, what kind of connector can I use? what is the exact name of that connector? (I was given a hint, the thin piece of sensor will be place in between 2 plate, while 2 screw will be used to fasten and secure both the plate.)
However, I do not have any electronic background and cant figure out what is that component.
Is there any alternative?

Is there someone experience to provide some guidance and assistance? I am super lost now. Haha :frowning:

Thank you!

Screws are not good for making contact with such delicate components. Search for stick-in "flat flexible cable connector" of the right number (2) and distance (?) of the contacts of your strip.

DrDiettrich:
Screws are not good for making contact with such delicate components. Search for stick-in "flat flexible cable connector" of the right number (2) and distance (?) of the contacts of your strip.

Hi thanks for the advice and assistance. "Stick-in flat flexible cable connector", how does it look like?
And how does it attached to my sensor strip? Furthermore, what do you mean by the right number(2) and distance(? ) of the contact?

Did a search on google but doesnt really know if I am searching the right stuff as I doesnt know how a flat flexible cable connector looks like. lol.

Thank you in advance.

The right search term "flat flexible cable connector" will reveal many helpful hits, including pictures.

DrDiettrich:
The right search term "flat flexible cable connector" will reveal many helpful hits, including pictures.

Thanks alot DrDiettrich! Would do a search on suggested term!