Need help and guidance for making an interactive free museum

Hello my name is Gabriel Colon my grandfather that passed away is a veteran of the World War 2… next year he would’ve been 100 years old and i want to make a museum in honor to all the Veterans with his name

I have some knowledge in computer

but i need help finding the right equipment for a interactive museum…
my idea is this

i want to have 3-4 wall with this design

a proximity sensor that can detect a person infront of a wall and when it detects a person it would start a mp3 recording and also dim and turn on some lights for some walls i would like to have a tv hooked up so it could play a short video…

the problem is i have no idea where to start with this and i heard about the arduino products that might help me to accomplish so i ask your help to guide me in the right direction so we can get this museum up and running by the end of the year

You could use a PIR sensor to detect when somebody moves in front of an exhibit - the sort of thing that is used to turn on security lights.

how about for dimming them, video playback and music playback? is there like a sensor i can hook to a computer and map it all ?

A computer can play music and videos.

You could use the Arduino as an interface between the PC and the lamps, and between the PC and the motion sensor(s).

it might be a little much to ask but could you give me a list of equipment’s i need to make this happen?

I don’t know of an off-the-shelf solution that will do what you want, so you will need to develop it yourself. It’s not possible to list specific parts without researching and designing the solution, and I’m not going to do that for you. I’ve given you some suggestions about the approach I’d use to solve this problem. Essentially, it would be a PC-based project, with the Arduino used to read a PIR motion sensor and control some dimmable lamps. If you investigate for yourself, you will find that people have used an Arduino to read a PIR sensor, and no doubt others have used it to control some dimmable lamps. Obviously, you can find examples showing how the Arduino can communicate with software on the PC, and how an application on the PC can play sounds and videos. None of this seems unreasonable and I expect you can find other projects doing each of the things you want to do. It would be up to you to learn how to do each thing and bring all these parts together and make a working solution. If you get stuck with a problem relating to the Arduino part you can always ask for advice here, but don’t expect people to do the project for you.

If you want somebody to do the project for you, you could post in the Gigs & Collaborations section. Note that most people would expect to be paid for working for you.

I would like to support all that @PeterH has said.

I would also suggest that if you don't already have computer programming experience you will probably want to get someone else to help you.

Of course, if you are interested to start learning programming it would provide a great incentive to learn a wide range of stuff - but don't expect it all to come together in a weekend, or even in a month of full time work. And make sure to treat it as aa series of small pieces to be learned and understood one at a time or you will never get anywhere.

...R