Need help building a proximity system

So here's the deal:

I'm building a proximity system with 2 Arduino UNO's (plan on upgrading to Arduino MEGA at some point). I have 4 ultrasonic sensors running on a loop, these work fine. However I'm trying to get cameras to work. I got the cameras, and the board to run it on from Arducam. Whenever I tried to run the code, I got an error message. After emailing Arducam, they told me to adjust "memorysaver.h" so that it's compatible with the cameras I have (OV5640_MINI_5MP in this case). When I edit the file, it gives me a message saying the file is "write protected" and can't be overwritten. Is there a way to fix this?
I will update this forum each time I run into a problem with this project. If you need more information, feel free to ask.

That's an operating system problem, not arduino.

In windows, right click on the file and left click 'properties' - you can remove the write protect ( read only) under 'attributes' there..

Allan

Indeed, sounds like an OS issue.
In Linux, move the library to a directory you have write access to (e.g. ~/Arduino/libaries/") and make sure it’s got it’s write permission set.

it gives me a message saying the file is “write protected” and can’t be overwritten. Is there a way to fix this?

All code in the examples folders of the libiary are “protected” like this. Just load in the program and do a “save as” into where your own code is stored. Remember to change the name with the save as, as well.

Done. But now when I try to verify the code I get this message:

C:\Users\Herlihyi\Documents\Arduino\Cameras\Cameras.ino:16:52: fatal error: ArduCAM.h: No such file or directory

#include <ArduCAM.h> //This is causing the error!!!

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I’d assume this means that I don’t have the libraries inside the Arduino software. How do I do this?

Put it in the ~/Arduino/libraries directory (or even better, a subdirectory of that one), where all your other user-installed libraries are. Then the compiler should find it.

This is what I'm doing:

The clue is in the error message:-

C:\Users\Herlihyi\Documents\Arduino\Cameras\Cameras.ino:16:52: fatal error: ArduCAM.h: No such file or directory

Your program which is at:-
C:\Users\Herlihyi\Documents\Arduino\Cameras\Cameras.ino

Is looking for a file called
ArduCAM.h
in the libraries folder. It is not finding one. This means you have not installed the ArduCAM libiary correctly.

So I managed to get the Arducam library in the right location. I'm no longer getting the same error, however now I'm having hardware issues. I am now getting an error stating that I must select the hardware platform and camera module.
Here's what I have for memory.h:

#ifndef MEMORYSAVER
#define MEMORYSAVER

//Only when using raspberry,enable it
//#define RASPBERRY_PI

//There are two steps you need to modify in this file before normal compilation
//Only ArduCAM Shield series platform need to select camera module, ArduCAM-Mini series platform doesn't

//Step 1: select the hardware platform, only one at a time
//#define OV2640_MINI_2MP
//#define OV3640_MINI_3MP
//#define OV5642_MINI_5MP
//#define OV5642_MINI_5MP_BIT_ROTATION_FIXED
#define OV5642_MINI_5MP_PLUS
//#define OV5640_MINI_5MP_PLUS

#define ARDUCAM_SHIELD_REVC
//#define ARDUCAM_SHIELD_V2

//Step 2: Select one of the camera module, only one at a time
#if (defined(ARDUCAM_SHIELD_REVC) || defined(ARDUCAM_SHIELD_V2))
//#define OV7660_CAM
//#define OV7725_CAM
//#define OV7670_CAM
//#define OV7675_CAM
//#define OV2640_CAM
//#define OV3640_CAM
#define OV5642_CAM
//#define OV5640_CAM

//#define MT9D111A_CAM
//#define MT9D111B_CAM
//#define MT9M112_CAM
//#define MT9V111_CAM
//#define MT9M001_CAM
//#define MT9T112_CAM
//#define MT9D112_CAM
#endif

#endif //MEMORYSAVER

I uncommented OV5642 since that is the camera module I am using, but I can't seem to find anything on what I'm supposed to use for the 4 camera adapter board. What should I do?
Here's the board and camera if anyone's curious: