Need Help: Cannot upload sketch with Vista

I have just downloaded Arduino IDE to my laptop with Vista.
I used to be able to upload sketch with no problem before on my desktop – but now I am not able to upload the same sketch !

Error message:
“Build folder disapearef or could not be written”

I have Pro Mini board with 168 processor

NOTE: I let windows update serial driver (as opposed to install driver from ‘Arduino/drivers’ directory), since Vista did not let me choose location for new hardware found driver installation.

I suspect this may be cause of the problem.

If so, how do I fix it ? (uninstall drivers installed by Vista and re-install from Arduino/drivers directory ?)

What is the procedure for uninstalling serial driver on Vista ?
What is the procedure for installing serial driver which came with Arduino in Vista ?

TIA

Error message: "Build folder disapearef or could not be written"

sounds like a vista permissions or file ownership issue. I'm no windows guru but you could try googling based on that message or running the arduino ide as administrator.

I let windows update serial driver...I suspect this may be cause of the problem.

That probably isn't the source of the problem. I did that and haven't had any problems.

uninstall drivers installed by Vista

Using Device Manager you can "Uninstall" a device. I believe this removes the driver.

What is the procedure for installing serial driver which came with Arduino in Vista ?

I recommend using Windows Update (also available through Device Manager) to get the latest driver.

I agree with bill2009. It sounds like a folder permission problem.

The "build folder" is usually a subdirectory under TEMP. Is the environment variable TEMP defined? Are you able to create files, create folders, delete files, and delete folders in the TEMP directory?