Need Help Choosing 110V Relays for Mega 2560

I want to start switching low power 110V peristaltic pumps, small 150 watt heaters and some more common devices for may reef tank. I would like to know what shield or boards would work best for my application, in your opinion.

Aduino Mega 2560 is the controller. On that is stacked a stepper motor driver shield and an LCD display shield is on top of that. I have second type of motor driver that is not stacked.

Stacking would be good for this board but that real estate is pretty crowded so the board could be off to the side, connected via wires and connector(s). I use CAD software and a friend has a RepRap machine which will allow me to construct a custom enclosure so I don't use a bread board.

Many of the pin addresses are already used and I don't think that I can change some of them so I need a relay board that allows me to use some of the many pins that I have left over on the Mega.

Looking around the net, there are several things that might work but I don't have enough knowledge to make a good decision. What do you think would work for me?

16-Channel 5V Relay Module. For PIC ARM AVR DSP Arduino MSP430 TTL Logic SainSmart
Would this work? How would I hook it up? What I just pin a pair of pins on the arduino for each channel and hook it to the relay board?

How about this?

(Actually a picture of the DEV-10305, replaced by DEV-10618 noted below.)

SparkFun Power Driver Shield Kit - DEV-10618 - SparkFun Electronics?

If so, I understand that I would have to double-up on the stackable headers to clear the MOSFETs.

What is that big long blue connector in the foreground or to the left near the 5V input? It looks like where you connect the outgoing AC power lines with screw terminals.

What is that Pins for the translucent white multi-pin connector with the multi colored wires coming out of it, at the other end or on the right.

Again, would I simply choose the pins that I want to use and assign them? Then, put in the 110V wires into the screw terminals?

Yes, that would work. It needs a 12V supply for the relays. However, if you look on eBay, you will find lots of inexpensive relay boards, most of which only need 5V.

That's intended to switch low voltage DC, not high voltage AC.

dc42:
Yes, that would work. It needs a 12V supply for the relays. However, if you look on eBay, you will find lots of inexpensive relay boards, most of which only need 5V.

Thank you for writing back. So would these work?

!(http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-5V-8-Channel-Relay-Module-Board-for-Arduino-PIC-AVR-MCU-DSP-ARM-Electronic-/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/$(KGrHqZ,!g4E+!4u0,DkBP9pogdiPg~~60_12.JPG)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-5V-8-Channel-Relay-Module-Board-for-Arduino-PIC-AVR-MCU-DSP-ARM-Electronic-/270984095956?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f17e928d4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Style-5V-4-Channel-Relay-Module-Switch-Board-For-Arduino-PIC-ARM-AVR-DSP-PLC-/120956857485?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c29972c8d

Again, would I simply choose the pins that I want to use and assign them and connect to the relay board via that 10 pin connector (for the first) or the 6 pin connector (on the second) that I see? Then, put in the 110V wires into the screw terminals?

Yes and yes.

Thank you very much!

Be careful with EMI issues. I am not sure if the relay board has EMI suppression and flyback diodes built in, but you might have to add those and some MOVs if the inductive loads wreak havoc with the microcontroller. I would assume a relay board would take these into consideration, but you never know.

I kept looking around and thought that I would check for something that I could get quickly, with stock inside the country. I didn't want to be a bother by asking about one board after another. I think that I will go with a SainSmart 8-Channel 5V Solid State Relay Module Board for MEGA2560 MEGA1280 and others, off of Amazon. It is more money but some of the reviews seamed to address what you were talking about, although I don't know anything about this stuff.

I hope that this will work for me just as well.
Thank you all for the help