NEED HELP controlling arduino uno with Rf Link Transmitter Modules!!

Hello, i want to see if i can use the radios frequency link modules shown in one of the links to transmit messages from a control box into an arduino uno using the code below.

on the control box i want to use the thumbstick which is seen in the other link and is basically just two potentiometers.

can i use the transmitter to send a signal from the joystick to the arduino and therefore activate the motors and servos etc.

do i need to use two arduinos and transmitt information between them or will the single arduino work?

is this possible if so how should i go about setting this u?

A quick response would be highly appreciated as this is a school project and i need it done quickly.

#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_MotorShield.h>
#include "utility/Adafruit_MS_PWMServoDriver.h"
#include <Servo.h>

// Create the motor shield object with the default I2C address
Adafruit_MotorShield AFMS = Adafruit_MotorShield();
// Or, create it with a different I2C address (say for stacking)
// Adafruit_MotorShield AFMS = Adafruit_MotorShield(0x61);

// Select which 'port' M1, M2, M3 or M4. In this case, M1
Adafruit_DCMotor *myMotor = AFMS.getMotor(1);
// You can also make another motor on port M2
//Adafruit_DCMotor *myOtherMotor = AFMS.getMotor(2);

Servo myservo;  // create servo object to control a servo

int potPinServo = 0;

int potPinDrive = 1;

int val;    // variable to read the value from the analog pin

void setup() {
  myservo.attach(9);  // attaches the servo on pin 9 to the servo object

Serial.begin(9600);           // set up Serial library at 9600 bps
  Serial.println("Adafruit Motorshield v2 - DC Motor test!");

AFMS.begin();  // create with the default frequency 1.6KHz
  //AFMS.begin(1000);  // OR with a different frequency, say 1KHz

// Set the speed to start, from 0 (off) to 255 (max speed)
  myMotor->setSpeed(255);
  myMotor->run(FORWARD);
  // turn on motor
  myMotor->run(RELEASE);
}

void loop() {
  // read value of joystich axis
  int potVal = analogRead(potPinDrive);

val = analogRead(potPinServo);            // reads the value of the potentiometer (value between 0 and 1023) 
  val = map(val, 0, 1023, 0, 180);     // scale it to use it with the servo (value between 0 and 180) 
  myservo.write(val);                  // sets the servo position according to the scaled value 
  delay(50);                           // waits for the servo to get there 

if(potVal > 525)
  {
    myMotor->run(FORWARD);
    myMotor->setSpeed((potVal - 512) / 2);
  }

if(potVal < 500)
  {
    myMotor->run(BACKWARD);
    myMotor->setSpeed((512 - potVal) / 2);
  }

else
  {
    myMotor->run(RELEASE);
    myMotor->setSpeed(0);
  }
}

Your question is not clear. Please take a moment to write down what you want to do, as clearly as possible.

Describe all the devices that you have (give links), describe what you want to control and what it is that you want the controlled device to do.

i do apologise i have now cleared it up a bit i hope, does it make ore sense now?

One Arduino can read the joysticks and transmit the information to another Arduino via radio, which could then control servos or motors.

Start by learning to use the RF modules and either the VirtualWire or RadioHead libraries. Examples of data transmission come with each library.

ok thats what i thought, can i simply just split the code i.e taking the controller code for one arduino and leaving the output codes on the first sketch

The nRF24L01+ transceiver modules work well and are cheap.

I got my nRF24s working with this Tutorial

I suggest you use the TMRh20 version of the RF24 library - it solves some problems from the ManiacBug version

The pair of programs in this link may be useful.

...R

i cant use those because i do not have enough time to buy them, then wit two weeks for them to come in the mail and start testing with them

i already have the rf links and they look much simpler.

is there anyone that has experience with these rf links that can point me into the right direction?

is there anyone that has experience with these rf links that can point me into the right direction?

Start by downloading the VirtualWire library and try out the simplest example that comes with it.

You don't even need the radio modules to make sure the software works -- just connect a wire from the radio TX pin on one Arduino to the radio RX pin on the other Arduino. Of course, you must also connect the two Arduino grounds together.