Need help converting 3.3v -> 5v

Hello all, I am trying to get one of the output pins from my Arduino pro mini to turn on/off a solid state relay. According to the specification for the SSR, it needs 5v in its pins for it to be enabled. The problem is that I have a 3.3v pro mini , so the output on its digital pins is 3.3v.

What I tried doing, is using a 5V PSU to power everything, and implemented this bi directional MOSFET ( https://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/mosfet-voltage-level-converter ) so when the pin of the arduino would be on, delivering 3.3v, then I would get 5V reaching the SSR.

I measure with my multimeter the Arduino output pin, I can read 3.3v, this is fine.
Without connecting the SSR, I measure the voltage in the drain pin from the mosfet, I get 5v, this is fine.

Now, when I connect the mosfert pin to the SSR, the voltage now goes down to 2.6v, and testing the SSR with a light bulb would cause it to flicker...

I have measured the load from the SSR if I connect it to the 5v directly, and it is about 7mA... Can anyone help me figure out how can I build this circuit?

Screenshot_20201220_200416.png

Screenshot_20201220_200416.png

• Need a link to your SSR.
  • As shown, its the type without internal current limiting resistor.
  • Luckily, you have the IRLED connected backwards, but fixing this would cause a worse issue, so ... goto 1.

dlloyd:

• Need a link to your SSR.
  • As shown, its the type without internal current limiting resistor.
  • Luckily, you have the IRLED connected backwards, but fixing this would cause a worse issue, so ... goto 1.
  1. Sorry I forgot to specify, this is the G3MB-202P ( https://www.openhacks.com/uploadsproductos/g3mb-ssr-datasheet.pdf ) The same one used in already built modules you can buy for arduino, however because of size restrictions, I decided to simply include the SSR in my own PCB instead of wiring it to an already built module.

2. You can ignore the actual symbol in the schematic, I am using that because that's the closest one I found since Kicad doesn't have the G3MB-202P and I was being lazy

3. Yeah, it looks backwards because of point 2, when I go then to the schematic to print the PCB, it will match the position of the input pins for positive and negative

Something like this should work…

dlloyd:
Something like this should work...

Yes ! Thank you very much, this seems to work like a charm !