Need Help... Ehternet Shield W5100 not working with Network Switch!!!

hello all

i am working on remote switching and monitoring of some digital I/Os, using mega2560 and W5100 Ethernet shield by hosting a web page on my embedded server. I have written all of the code and tested on my home router and its working perfectly. Then i check it to connect directly with my PC so it also working normally. But when i tried to test my shield on network switch so its not working, even ping is also not responding.

There is only LAN available via network switches, Where i need to deploy the project.

I have also tested example code of web server given in programming application.

please support me

thanks

skhz:
hello all

i am working on remote switching and monitoring of some digital I/Os, using mega2560 and W5100 Ethernet shield by hosting a web page on my embedded server. I have written all of the code and tested on my home router and its working perfectly. Then i check it to connect directly with my PC so it also working normally. But when i tried to test my shield on network switch so its not working, even ping is also not responding.

There is only LAN available via network switches, Where i need to deploy the project.

I have also tested example code of web server given in programming application.

please support me

thanks

Simplest explanation is that the EthernetShield does not have a valid ip address/network mask/ default route.

Your description of the problem is too vague.

If I told you that my file truncation function is not working correctly. Could you tell me how to fix it?

Chuck.

Hi Mr. Chunktodd

My code is running perfectly in Arduino mega 2560 + Ethernet shield W5100 (embedded server) with my home router, and also when i connect my embedded server with PC directly.

i have assigned ip, mac, subnet mask, default gateway in my code

but the problem is that when i connect my embedded server with network switch so it doesnt respond to its client nor ping responds

my code is attached here
further more, in case when my ethernet shield is connected with network switch so its PWR, 100M, FULLD LEDs glow continuously and LINK, RX LEDs blinks in irregular pattern

please suggest me any solution to this sort of problem

arduino web trip.txt (10.7 KB)

skhz:
Hi Mr. Chunktodd

My code is running perfectly in Arduino mega 2560 + Ethernet shield W5100 (embedded server) with my home router, and also when i connect my embedded server with PC directly.

i have assigned ip, mac, subnet mask, default gateway in my code

but the problem is that when i connect my embedded server with network switch so it doesnt respond to its client nor ping responds

my code is attached here
further more, in case when my ethernet shield is connected with network switch so its PWR, 100M, FULLD LEDs glow continuously and LINK, RX LEDs blinks in irregular pattern

please suggest me any solution to this sort of problem

In your code you assign an IP address, is that IP address valid for your 'network switch' network?

Try loading the example code: "DhcpAddressPrinter.ino" from the Ethernet example folder. See what it reports.

The LED's show you have a physical connection to a Ethernet 802.3, but nothing else.

Chuck.

thanks a lot for the response on my post. my problem is solved by connecting 120 ohm resistor on the chip side of ethernet RJ45 magnetic jack on pin 1+2 & 3+6. Dont know the actual reason but its working perfectly.

Now i am been able to connect my arduino mega 2560 + ethernet shield through network switch

can you upload the image of Shield with 120 ohm registance is solder...

pundirrajiv:
can you upload the image of Shield with 120 ohm registance is solder...

post #21 at Ethernet sheild(W5100) not working with Uno - Networking, Protocols, and Devices - Arduino Forum

I had exactly the same problem. The shield was working on some switches while on some didn't. I found this info about two resistors so I put two 100 ohm resistors between pins 1-2 and 3-6