Need help finding an IR-Strip

Hey guys,

I will give you some information what I am doing for your understanding before I come to my question. So I am building a robot, which can move around in an area. Meaning he will navigate around objects he finds on his way to an end position. I am using IR-Sensors at the front to detect objects in his way in the front, but when there is an object in front of him I want it to navigate around it on the left or right side depending if there is an object next to him. Now for the side sensors I just wanted to do 1short range IR-Sensor, but because that doesn't cover the whole side I thought it would be better to get an IR-Strip, but because I have no experience what so ever with it I wanted to ask you guys for help.

Has any of you had any experience with IR-Strip and could you maybe recommend me one?
What are things I need to look out if working with IR-Strips?

Dimensions of the Roboter:Size: 267mm × 278mm × 80mm
If I am right 278mm is the length so thats the side where the IR-Strips go.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Nice Greets,
AgenteSoldier

Has any of you had any experience with IR-Strip and could you maybe recommend me one?

I have never seen one I don’t think they exist.

If you want one then you could make it yourself. If it was me then I would use surface mounted LEDs and strip board, although this is not flexible.

DSCN9066.JPG

Grumpy_Mike:
I have never seen one I don’t think they exist.

If you want one then you could make it yourself. If it was me then I would use surface mounted LEDs and strip board, although this is not flexible.

DSCN9066.JPG

Ok thank yout.

Btw do you know a mod who could move this topic I realized I am in the wrong section?

infrared LED strip lights

CrossRoads:
Infrared LED Strips Online – LED Lights World – Tagged "850nm-LED-strip, 940nm-LED-strip, 735nm-LED-strip" – LEDLightsWorld

If I am correct this are only LED so they can't measure distance

The point is, what you are imagining (apparently an elongated IR sensor) does not exist.

It seems you want multiple IR reflectance sensors.

CrossRoads:
Infrared LED Strips Online – LED Lights World – Tagged "850nm-LED-strip, 940nm-LED-strip, 735nm-LED-strip" – LEDLightsWorld

Well I never. I wonder what people use that for.

AgenteSoldier:
If I am correct this are only LED so they can't measure distance

Yes that is what you asked for.

Grumpy_Mike:
Well I never. I wonder what people use that for.

I am also intrigued. Growing weed? Hatching chicks?

Oh, i know: snakes, lizards & other cold-blooded pets' living quarters.