Need help for making the right choice

Greetings! I'm working on a project where I need a quite high accuracy for measuring temperature and weight of a liquid in a beaker.

I looked over internet and found that thermistors can be easily implemented while using thermocouples would need a additional module like MAX6675, So my question is which one is the most accurate? and which should I go for?

I also need to include load cell in the same project but I saw using HX711 module which is basically a 24 bit ADC, which explains why the internal ADC of ATmega328 is not used since it is just 8-bit ADC, is that correct?

Thanks in advance and wish you a very happy and safe Christmas!

You may want to consider digital sensors like the DS18B20 one wire sensor if the temperature is within their range*. Easier to use than a thermistor and as accurate.

*250 degrees F. max.

groundFungus:
You may want to consider digital sensors like the DS18B20 one wire sensor if the temperature is within their range*. Easier to use than a thermistor and as accurate.

*250 degrees F. max.

I might need to dip it into liquid, would it be safe to do so?

There are “waterproof” units available. Check the material compatibility with the liquid that you are measuring.

Another source.

The DS18B20 data sheet.

What temperature? What weight?

Hi,
What liquid?
How are you heating the liquid?

We need to know basically what your project is to give you accurate recommendations.

Tom... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Hi,
What liquid?
How are you heating the liquid?

We need to know basically what your project is to give you accurate recommendations.

Tom... :slight_smile:

The liquid tank is of about 10 ltrs. I don't know how much weight it will have. The liquid is gasoline/petrol or it can be diesel also either one of it. I'm not going to heat it.