Need help getting my Feather nRF52840 ready so my friend can program it

I have an adafruit Feather nRF52840 it was gotten to improve my cat's toy. It will be connected to the toys battery and must electronically short one other pin to ground. My question is, is there a certain pin or selection of pins I can use, Or do I tell my friend who's working on the software side the pin I chose and pick any but the ones for a battery?

Also. can the adafruit Feather nRF52840 recharge a battery attached to it or should I get a charger?

Hi cyber_rader,

The Adafruit Feather nRF52840 can be powered off a 3.7V Lithium polymer battery, and it has a charging circuit inbuilt. This means that when you plug the USB cable in it will recharge the battery.

There are Analog and Digital pins on this board so please tell us what you are wiring up to the board preferably with a wiring diagram (can just draw on paper and then upload), I would also recommend learning a bit more about Arduino before you start plugging stuff in :slight_smile:

Yes, your friend who is writing the software will definitely need to know which pins you are using.

Kind regards, Zeb

Cool I was hoping as such. So the toy has a basic push button switch that turns it on and off and ill be connecting one of the two wires as the other is ground and goes back to the battery. all it must do is when programed to do so is contact the pin to ground

the connection will be analog as power only needs to flow for the amount of a button press or less. no data. I can attach photos of the device and controller somewhere but otherwise I have no schematics.

essentially its gonna act like a relay. I am, I have yet to plug in the iron haha

Great! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, Zeb