NEED HELP!in programming

i have very little knowledge of programming i want to make meter that raise a column in lcd in response to how close the obj is to the ultrasonic sensor i have set up the circuit however i have no how to code to do that a little help IS gratefully appreciated
THANKS

Start by writing a program to detect distance with the ultrasonic sensor and display the values on the Arduino Serial Monitor. And a separate program to learn how to make an LCD show things. When you can do both separately it will be time to think about the combined program.

There are probably example programs for your sensor and LCD.

...R

i have already the thing with ultra sonic but the thing gets tricky with lcd i only found tutorials to display alphabets and distance but i just to raise just one column if the object is close than 50 cm or something the more it closes like 10cm it should increase the bar i just dont have even speck of idea what to do what are the codes to set these things i have already watched many tutorials about led coding still nothing this forum is my last resort btw thnks for advice

Which LCD display are you using ?

16*2 i2c 16levels assign values but cant do code thats why i need help

@NINZJAZZ, please don't waste your valuable time looking for the duplicate topic you created - I deleted it.

DO NOT CROSS-POST, CROSS-POSTING WASTES TIME.

This page shows how to make a horizontal bar graph with a 16x2 LCD. Google "1602 LCD bargraph" and you will find some libraries, also.

groundFungus:
This page shows how to make a horizontal bar graph with a 16x2 LCD. Google "1602 LCD bargraph" and you will find some libraries, also.

that guy is using a dial i need to make it in response to a ultrasonic sensor by setting a base as 50 cm anything closer than that should fill up the progress bar somewhat so i need help with the modification of the code please help

i need help with the modification of the code please help

We need to see what YOU have written, so post the code that you have tried to write and tell us what the code actually does and how that differs from what you want to do.

We don’t write code for you, but will help you to write it.

Read the how to use this forum sticky to see how to properly post code.

@NINZJAZZ

Why did you ignore this instruction:

groundFungus:
Read the how to use this forum sticky to see how to properly post code.

Read it now. See Item #7 on that page.

EDIT the post that I refer to, below, has disappeared.

The error is because you are using a different LCD library than the guy that tried to help you.

Your library begin statement

lcdI2C.begin(LCD_COLUMNS, LCD_ROWS, LCD_ADDRESS, BACKLIGHT);

The begin from the other guy's code

lcd.begin();

You will either need to find out which LiquidCrystal library (of many) the the guy is using and install that library or modify his code to use the library that you currently have installed (may be more than just the begin).