Need help making Bluetooth robot arm!

I decided to make a 3d printed robot arm from a design off of YouTube by the creator of "Howtomechatronics"
(DIY Arduino Robot Arm with Smartphone Control - YouTube)
He gives a great explanation on how to build it. I am running 6 servos from an arduino uno r3 and a sensor shield v5.0 along with an HC-05 Bluetooth module. All the servos run from the arduino code but something in the Bluetooth to app connection is not working. The HC-05 is wired into 5v, GND, RX and TX ports. I made sure they going to the right pins using the continuity setting on my voltmeter. The app is default from "howtomechatronics" which was created with "MIT App Intentor." I don't know much about programming or app design but all I need is to get the 6 servos running on sliders from an app on my phone. I can connect to the Bluetooth module but the signal is not being read and the servo positions don't
change. I have also tried different app and arduino code combinations from other videos and still nothing has worked. I attached a photo of what I have currently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I attached a photo of what I have currently

So you have an arduino+some shield + some cables ....

Yes. All servos connected. It's not really the hardware issue. It's the coding and app part to get the connection working to move the servos

How do you know the hardware setup is correct when you cannot test it?

Bomberguy111:
I have also tried different app and arduino code combinations from other videos and still nothing has worked.

So you think it is a code or app problem? But you haven't posted any of the code that you tried or explained anything about what exactly it does or does not do. It's not easy to help when there's nothing to help with.

You say you can connect to Bluetooth but nothing is being read. How do you know the connection is good if no data is coming through? And how do you know that no data is coming through?

If you post the code you're using that should be reading from Bluetooth and driving the servos it may be possible to add a few debugging code lines to work out what's going on. But that's not the sort of thing that can we can do blind.

Steve