Need Help on powering 2 15kg/cm servos....

Guys am kinda new into this.. I need to power 2 15 kg/cm servos which draw a max of 6v and 2A. Any idea how to power it externally ?? I have a 12v 1.6ah li battery. Can anyone give link of a power regulator or circuit for power regulator which can meet my power requirements?? Also how long the battery will last powering these? Please help

Well I'd get a 6V battery... And I bet each can pull more than 2A peak, that's a powerful servo, over 10W mechanical output by the sound of things (I assume its the usual sort with a speed of about 0.15 seconds / 60 degrees.

And its 1.5Nm, or 15kgf-cm, not kg/cm. Torque is tangential force times radial distance.

Choose the battery to match the load and the endurance, with power you don't want to go through regulators, straight from the battery is ideal. LiFePO4 2S pack will give 6.6V, SLA 6V pack is also simple.

You need to know the average current in your application to be able to calculate desired battery capacity - peak currents only happen when moving under load.

MarkT:
Well I’d get a 6V battery… And I bet each can pull more than 2A peak, that’s a powerful
servo, over 10W mechanical output by the sound of things (I assume its the usual sort
with a speed of about 0.15 seconds / 60 degrees.

And its 1.5Nm, or 15kgf-cm, not kg/cm. Torque is tangential force times radial distance.

Choose the battery to match the load and the endurance, with power you don’t want to
go through regulators, straight from the battery is ideal. LiFePO4 2S pack will give 6.6V,
SLA 6V pack is also simple.

You need to know the average current in your application to be able to calculate desired
battery capacity - peak currents only happen when moving under load.

Thanks man… Ya its usual 0.16 seconds / 60 degree servo, But heavy duty metal gear one. And can i connect both the servos in parallel to the 6v battery? Will there be any drop?

Here’s how to connect: make sure grounds are commoned to Arduino

servo power.png

If you can find the datasheet for possible batteries and check the internal resistance it will give a good idea of performance at any load current. Internal resistance tends to vary with SoC.