Need help posting data to webpage

Hi,

I am having some trouble with my project.
My goal is to collect data from an RFID card reader and post the ID of the card to a webpage search bar, where the website will find the specified ID and give a specific answer.

I am having trouble with finding a way to post the ID of the card, I can't figure out the function to copy and paste the string of numbers into a search box.

Does anyone know how to automatically copy and paste a variable into a search box?

Thanks, SailRabbit!

I think you're in the wrong forum here. This has nothing to do with Arduino or related microcontrollers. You need an RFID reader that connects to your PC, and go from there. That's well out of the scope of this forum (maybe you can find a more suitable forum on stackexchange).

You may be able do it in a more automated way than you have described, that is without the copying and pasting.
If it is possible to interface it to an arduino e.g. an ESP8266, you may well be able to get it to read the code from the token and post that to a webserver.
If you want to combine the token code with other information and retrieve that, for example a user name, then you have to have some database / program code on the web server. One option is PHP and MySQL.

SailRabbit:
I am having trouble with finding a way to post the ID of the card, I can't figure out the function to copy and paste the string of numbers into a search box.

Does anyone know how to automatically copy and paste a variable into a search box?

copy from where?

SailRabbit, looks like you go run over.... again..

post what micro you are using, what it does, display, blink, just read the RFID chip.....

what the microd needs to do locally
and what it does to connect to something else.

it may be that you are not exporting the right data, or not creating the internal database.

how many different cards ? do you have control of adding, or is that what the webpage is for ?