Need help programming a Boarduino

I know its not a official product... So i have a boarduino, a duemilanove, a usb to serial (rs-232) and parrallel converter, and a bluesmirf gold (firefly version)

And i want to program the DC boarduino without having to remove the IC from the duemilanove.

Thanks in advance

This is a puzzle - right? Is there a prize?

Hook up battery power to the boarduino. Connect ground to the arduino. Connect rx and reset on the arduino to the boarduino's rx and reset. Program your sketch and it should go onto both chips.

Don't leave the usb-232 converter alone(on either shore or in the rowboat) with either UC or it may eat them;)

And i want to program the DC boarduino without having to remove the IC from the duemilanove.

This is going to be your best choice… unless you have an RS232 to TTL converter, or a USB-to-TTL converter.

If you can solder small… then there’s a USB-to-UART converter chip on a breakout board for $6 delivered, here in the States. I’ve purchased from the seller many times, always come in an awesome case, and padded very nicely. (not that it matters for the chips, but it’s the thought that counts!:D)

Here’s the chip itself:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SMD-Mini-USB-TO-TTL-Converter-Module-cp2102_W0QQitemZ380192384678QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item58853b66a6

And here’s a breakout board if you don’t want to solder it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-To-TTL-Converter-Module-cp2102-arm9-max232-max2332_W0QQitemZ300359632010QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45eed4448a

These don’t offer the Auto-Reset on upload. If you want that function, you’ll need an FTDI breakout board, or the Arduino board.

What about TX? Isint there some sortof checksum?

And also can i program it remotely with the bluesmirf?

You'll need to use RX and TX.

You won't be able to use the Bluesmirf without making a Bootloader, which requires a programmer, and a whole lot of skill!(way above my level.. bootloaders are scary!:D)

avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x95 avrdude: failed to write flash memory, rc=-4 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0xf1

thats what i get without removing the atmega328 chip from the duemalanove

Quote: And i want to program the DC boarduino without having to remove the IC from the duemilanove.

This is going to be your best choice.. unless you have an RS232 to TTL converter, or a USB-to-TTL converter.

I'm sorry.. I meant that removing the IC from the board while you upload will be your best choice. I tend to mix me words up when I'm searching for the best way to say something. :D

You need to remove the chip if you want to program the boarduino with the Duemilanove. I think a nice revision for maybe the Seeeduino or another board would be jumpers or a switch to remove the TX/RX from the chip, so you can use the UART without needing to pull out the chip.

But until then.. it's that, or get another UART device.. :D

What about if i have a usb to serial and usb to parrallel converter? can i change the levels?